#BYEDON 2020 - The End Better Fucking Be Near

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Well, look at the intelligence of the average MAGAt. Compared to them, he IS a genius. But, then again, so is a turnip.
I think it might be a mistake to categorize them as not-smart. For whatever reason, often emotional or financial ones, they have chosen to follow him. He speaks to what they desire; a world in which white people reign, so I guess we can add fear to the equation. Fear of not being top dog. Financial fears factor in there, too. The irony is that what they have chosen to follow means they will have less and less material wealth (well, the majority of them) as Trump and company are clearly aligned with forces that seek to undermine workers.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Anyone who books their wedding at Mar-a-lago....
Could have been worse.

The Wedding-Guest he beat his breast,
Yet he cannot choose but hear;
And thus spake on that ancient man,
The bright-eyed Mariner.
ETA -- Oh look! Here come Ivanka and Jarred

Are those her ribs through which the Sun
Did peer, as through a grate?
And is that Woman all her crew?
Is that a DEATH? and are there two?
Is DEATH that woman's mate?

Her lips were red, her looks were free,
Her locks were yellow as gold:
Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The Night-mare LIFE-IN-DEATH was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Last edited:

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think it might be a mistake to categorize them as not-smart. For whatever reason, often emotional or financial ones, they have chosen to follow him. He speaks to what they desire; a world in which white people reign, so I guess we can add fear to the equation. Fear of not being top dog. Financial fears factor in there, too. The irony is that what they have chosen to follow means they will have less and less material wealth (well, the majority of them) as Trump and company are clearly aligned with forces that seek to undermine workers.
I politely disagree. Many of his followers want to be the ones exploiting everyone else, just like whazisname. They look for both validation and pro tips.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fake news. The former president is working out every morning, lifting weights, punching the air while the theme song to Rocky echoes through the gym. It is like one big homoerotic dream including the casual carrying of phallic long rifles and sitting around the sauna unrobed and dripping wet from the heavy sweat. The Trump juggernaut is moving forward and will be bigger and badder than ever.

It still looks like death warmed over to me. 🤭

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
First of all, the previous photo is the lobby of Mar-a-Lago. It's his house, so he can wear whatever he wants. As far as men in the South, some men wear ball caps all the time. Sometimes it's to cover a bald spot, others its just habit. They are emulating cultural heroes like farmers and race car drivers, or showing their sports affiliation, which is big in the South. Ball caps do keep the sun out of your eyes, which is necessary outdoors sometimes.

Hip-hop culture includes a cap, hoodie, and sneakers because that's what people wore on the streets in the Bronx where it originated. It's cold there in the winter, and the cap and hood kept your head warm and the wind out of your face. But now its a fashion statement, regardless if appropriate for the weather.

I've not spent any time at golf resorts, so I can't speak to that. The time's I've been in nice hotels were either business trips or sci-fi conventions. For the former, I took off my hat once inside, if I was wearing it. For the latter, I wore a hat if it went with the costume, otherwise not.

Growing up in the deep South, you did NOT wear a hat inside. EVER. You did not want to tangle with my mother over "good manners" aka respect. You would lose every time. You didn't read at the breakfast/dinner table either. That's the sort of thing Innula was referring to. In many places wearing a hat indoors is "taboo" unless you are female.

So why is it women are "allowed" such frivolous "privileges" and men aren't? Think about this a sec. Women are more restricted compared to men and the only "compensations" are such frivolous things as being able to wear a hat in church.

Yeah, I've probably worded that so badly it sounds like I'm saying the exact opposite of what I mean as usual. Some day we will be able to transfer our thoughts directly to text so there won't be any misunderstandings. Not that I'll be around then. lol

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Trump’s deliberate failure to protect the American public from the Covid-19 pandemic led to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths — nearly half a million fatalities, according to a new study that's being ignored by the news media. It’s the same press corps that’s been demanding Trump receive more Covid “credit.”

If Trump had shown leadership and used his bully pulpit to advocate Americans wear a mask, if he had issued a national mask mandate, had strenuously urged people to social distance themselves, hadn't demanded the U.S. economy "re-open" too soon, and if he had overseen a robust national testing program, America would be a stronger country today, the news study confirms.
And Trump quite likely could have won reelection. :hellokitty:

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So why is it women are "allowed" such frivolous "privileges" and men aren't? Think about this a sec. Women are more restricted compared to men and the only "compensations" are such frivolous things as being able to wear a hat in church.
In the Catholic, Orthodox and most mainstream protestant churches, the tradition has always been that women have to cover their heads in church, like it or not.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
In the Catholic, Orthodox and most mainstream protestant churches, the tradition has always been that women have to cover their heads in church, like it or not.
Yet, it was a real shock when I went to church with my mom where she -lives-, and half of the congregation is wearing jeans [more what I'm used to, really], and half had young women and teen girls wearing freaking veils. [Her priest is from a rich family, and super conservative - and she's in Paulding - but when I was going to church there in the 80s, it was a pretty progressive parish that met in a funeral home.

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Things were a bit different here [in the southern US not Oregon] . But then where I grew up was mostly Baptist and Methodist. There were Catholics and other denominations just not anyone in my family. No, my parents and grandparents weren't religious but my great grandparents were. Calvary Baptist to boot, too. I still occasionally volunteered to go to church with them because it was about the only way I got to spend time with them, other than Thanksgiving and Christmas, before they passed.

Anyway, women weren't specifically made to wear a head covering to church but once you were considered "adult enough", if you didn't, it was frowned on and you knew it because of the dirty looks you would get from the other ladies. And that can be just the beginning. All because some man decided hundreds of years ago that women must hide themselves from men so men don't have to control themselves. Only women.

And I best hush before someone gets the wrong idea. Didn't mean to ramble.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I see at the bottom of the page it says Powered by Nucleus. This is something made by a startup run by Brad Parscale. That name rang a bell. Wikipedia says:

Brad Parscale (born January 3, 1976) is an American digital consultant and political advisor who served as the senior adviser for data and digital operations for Donald Trump's 2020 presidential campaign. He previously served as the digital media director for Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and as campaign manager for Donald Trump's 2020 presidential campaign from February 2018 to July 2020, being replaced by Bill Stepien.[1]
On September 30, 2020, he provided a statement to Politico announcing that he was "stepping away from my company and any role in the campaign for the immediate future to focus on my family and get help dealing with the overwhelming stress."[2][3]
On September 27, 2020, Parscale was hospitalized after his wife told Fort Lauderdale police that he had guns and he was threatening to harm himself; upon arriving at Parscale's home, an officer reported that "Bradley’s speech was slurred as though he was under the influence of an alcoholic beverage and he seemed to be crying."[51][52][53] Officers seized 10 firearms from the home and reported that Parscale's wife had cuts and bruises on her arms and face, which she said Parscale had inflicted earlier in the week, though she later said that her statements had been "misconstrued" and denied that Parscale had been violent toward her.[3][53] Parscale was detained and involuntarily committed and psychiatrically examined under terms of the Baker Act.[54] Politico reported that the couple had told people they were experiencing continuing distress since their twin children died prematurely in 2016.[55]