#BYEDON 2020 - The End Better Fucking Be Near

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
So long as he remains with the US civilian jurisdiction, I guess.

I have grave doubts about the legality, not to say the morality, of shipping people off into military bases outside the civil jurisdiction -- it's been unlawful in England since 1679.
He is technically the Commander in Chief of the US armed forces, so Ft. Leavenworth might be the most appropriate venue. It is designated for national security related prisoners.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
So long as he remains with the US civilian jurisdiction, I guess.

I have grave doubts about the legality, not to say the morality, of shipping people off into military bases outside the civil jurisdiction -- it's been unlawful in England since 1679.
Australia? Was that not well after that by say a hundred years or so?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Australia? Was that not well after that by say a hundred years or so?
Australia was a penal colony, under the jurisdiction of the English courts and where habeas corpus was enforceable, so the convicts were under the control of the regular civil authorities.

That's the important point -- you're not allowed, in English law, to deny anyone the protection of habeas corpus.

Huge no-no as far as English law is concerned -- that's why we were so shocked at Guantanamo, until the federal courts got involved, because it called into question the legality of our forces handing over captives to the US military in Afghanistan or military intelligence sharing information with them.

It's up there with kidnapping a judge -- you just don't do it.

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Grifting expenditures have increased. Need to up the grifting!

Hmm...So we've heard about $600+ million being swiped from his 2020 election campaign funds. We've heard about $200+ million that has been collected since the election. We now hear about what would be $200 million potentially being gained by selling pardons.

That sure goes a long way toward paying his debts. There is a cloud of illegality regarding the $600 million and now the potential $200 million in the selling of pardons.

Will he ever face any sort of probe into these actions or will there not be much appetite for it?

• 1Angry
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sorry. I seem to be extremely angry about all of this. More than I even realized. It's coming out sideways. Four+ years of this has taken its toll. Maybe it is because we now can see him leaving and can finally vent. I wish horrible, horrible things upon him. Things that he wished upon us.

Naturally, my Christian side is objecting to all of my bloodlust.
:qft: Yeah, me too.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Attorney Roberta Kaplan is about to make Trump’s life extremely difficult

Evernote link because paywall

Roberta Kaplan’s clients include writer E. Jean Carroll, who filed a defamation case after Trump claimed she was “totally lying” about her allegation that he raped her a quarter-century ago in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room, and niece Mary L. Trump, who claims that Trump and two of his siblings deprived her of an inheritance worth millions.

“I became the go-to person to sue the president,” says Kaplan, 54, with considerable relish.

She is in many ways the ideal legal adversary to take on Trump. Kaplan is a brash and original strategist, with neither a gift for patience nor silence, a crusader for underdogs who has won almost every legal accolade imaginable. Kaplan, says New York Democratic Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo in an email, “has been indispensable in the fight against the cancer of hate and division that Trump spent four years exacerbating.”

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly