Bye bye Ronnie Spector

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Maybe something beyond a song on youtube?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Robert Jung
SL Rez
SLU Posts
My personal memory of Ronnie Spector was in South Boston around 1980 give or take 5 years. She played a concert on New Years Eve and right at midnight flashed the audience. It was fun.

Robert Jung

abusive husband & recovery

Phil Spector was the greatest creative maverick rock recording engineer and producer of his time. He was also sick, misogynistic, controlling, manipulative, and a murderer.

Phil Spector created the Ronnettes . He told them what to sing, how to sing, what to say and what to wear. My impression is that he created them and he believed he owned them.

Phil and Ronnie were married. He became more and more controling until she was a prisoner in his house. She eventually escaped with nothing but the clothes she was wearing. In the divorce Phil got the rights to the music and all the money from the records. He tried to control the rights to the name "Ronettes" and attempted to prohibitt her from singing the old songs in public.
He didn't succeed, but she was broke and music had changed when she started over in the 70's.

Phil's original version of the group were pretty girls, with pretty hair, pretty makeup and lovely pink dresses. They were very good but not quite legendary. After Phil Ronnie remade herself. She created something bigger and better than the group Spector created. There is a reason I posted the 1970's live concert of "Be my Baby" without comment in the first post. I wanted to remember her as the strong ,kick ass, take no prisoners top tier rock and roll performer that she evolved into after the divorce. Phil made her a star but she surpassed his creation.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
abusive husband & recovery

Phil Spector was the greatest creative maverick rock recording engineer and producer of his time. He was also sick, misogynistic, controlling, manipulative, and a murderer.

Phil Spector created the Ronnettes . He told them what to sing, how to sing, what to say and what to wear. My impression is that he created them and he believed he owned them.

Phil and Ronnie were married. He became more and more controling until she was a prisoner in his house. She eventually escaped with nothing but the clothes she was wearing. In the divorce Phil got the rights to the music and all the money from the records. He tried to control the rights to the name "Ronettes" and attempted to prohibitt her from singing the old songs in public.
He didn't succeed, but she was broke and music had changed when she started over in the 70's.

Phil's original version of the group were pretty girls, with pretty hair, pretty makeup and lovely pink dresses. They were very good but not quite legendary. After Phil Ronnie remade herself. She created something bigger and better than the group Spector created. There is a reason I posted the 1970's live concert of "Be my Baby" without comment in the first post. I wanted to remember her as the strong ,kick ass, take no prisoners top tier rock and roll performer that she evolved into after the divorce. Phil made her a star but she surpassed his creation.
Should be noticed she did not even have shoes, because he'd confiscate them.

Yes, he was a shit person.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Robert Jung