But his emails!

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Thing is, there is only one reason to still be trotting this out at this point - its not to convince people to vote for the orange excrement; its to give more fuel for violence when he loses.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Thing is, there is only one reason to still be trotting this out at this point - its not to convince people to vote for the orange excrement; its to give more fuel for violence when he loses.
I agree with one observer that Carlson's "the Deep State ate my homework" yarn is kinda brilliant: it allows his viewers to imagine just about anything they want in regards to these...documents, and it keeps Tucky away from litigation and/or discovery they're nothing more than fake bullshit.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Do we yet know why they sent the documents apparently without having made backup copies or why they needed to send the originals at all?

I'd have thought sending scanned copies by email, while keeping the originals safely under lock and key for subsequent forensic examination, would be the sensible course of action, as well as being quicker and safer then sending them by UPS or whoever.

To my mind, this is an example of Putinesque "implausible deniability," as it were, like Russia's response to the Salisbury poisonings -- the whole point is that it's not credible, but there's nothing anyone can do to challenge it, and it simply acts to encourage suspicion and cynicism about factual news reporting altogether.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
In the clip, he says they sent the shipping company pictures of the contents of the package so they would know what to look for. Did they send the only copy of those, too?

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
In the clip, he says they sent the shipping company pictures of the contents of the packe so they would know what to look for. Did they send the only copy of those, too?
What he says, according to The Guardian, is
They searched the plane and the trucks that carried it, they went through the office in New York where our producer dropped that package off, they combed their entire cavernous sorting facility. They used pictures of what we had sent so that searchers would know what to look for. They went far and beyond. But they found nothing, those documents have vanished. As of tonight the company has no idea – and no working theory even – about what happened to this trove of materials, documents that are directly relevant to the presidential campaign.

That leaves me wondering what the "pictures of what we had sent so that searchers would know what to look for" -- does it mean images of the documents themselves or of the secure package(s) containing the documents, which I assume they'd place within the carrier's wrapping?

I wouldn't send original documents like that, which might well become important evidence in criminal litigation, by courier in the first place, but if I did have to send them anywhere, each sheet would be in an individual transparent plastic envelope in a ring binder, with the binder(s) sealed in a box or envelope, along with a covering letter and documentation.

So I'm wondering whether the searchers were given images of the documents themselves or of some Fox News padded envelopes or document boxes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So I'm wondering whether the searchers were given images of the documents themselves or of some Fox News padded envelopes or document boxes.
Maybe they sent photos of envelopes in general, so their investigators would know what those look like...

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
While I'm not sure the news that Trump and Giuliani are annoyed that Barr has unaccountably failed to indict Biden père et fils really qualifies as "exclusive," it's an entertaining insight into the astonished disappointment inside Trumpworld when the October surprise collapsed like a failed soufflé, it's an entertaining read nevertheless

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
So I'm wondering whether the searchers were given images of the documents themselves or of some Fox News padded envelopes or document boxes
Oh, Tucker needs something padded all right - a nice padded room, in a jacket with long sleeves that tie together in the back...

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So Giuliani has managed to cock up pretty spectacularly something that turned out so well for his boss when Roger Stone did it last time, and left Tucker Carlson with egg all over his face.

Should make for some entertaining conversations between them all.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
What the fuck?
I know Rudy's been a bit of a joke for years, but has he always been this unhinged and as a Canadian I just didn't realize the depth? Or did this recent Borat thing put him over the edge scrambling to put attention elsewhere?

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
What the fuck?
I know Rudy's been a bit of a joke for years, but has he always been this unhinged and as a Canadian I just didn't realize the depth? Or did this recent Borat thing put him over the edge scrambling to put attention elsewhere?
Yes.

• 1Agree
  • 1LOL
Reactions: Govi and Pancake

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
What the fuck?
What is mystifying to me is that he ran off to the Ukraine multiple times to try and cook all of this up and that's the best he could come up with? In addition, if he is such a super sleuth why can he not see the deep level of corruption taking place in the White House, Mar-A-Lago and Trump Tower, not to mention damn near every single person appointed to a Cabinet post?

It makes me wonder if he was always this insane? I'm guessing not as he was a top prosecutor. If he was, perhaps time to take a look at some of his past cases. But really, a whole lot of people seem to have completely lost their fucking minds in their cult worship of Trump.