Brexit.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I haven't seen this from any source other than the Mail but....

Can't see it passing, and even if it did, it's hardly compatible with the Human Rights Act and ECHR, I would have thought.

Political theatre, like that idea of confirmation hearings for senior judges, since those are such an adornment to the US justice system, which, as we all know, is so much better than ours -- stupid idea, advanced for the benefit of stupid people by Tory MPs who are either themselves stupid or insincere, and in neither event worth losing sleep over.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
The EU should only give an extension exactly long enough to get an agreement legalized or make a bill to revoke A50.
Disagree. They should give an extension long enough for the new EU transparency laws that Brexit is really about to bite good and hard.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Okay.
Forgive me that I will not read it. :D

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Disagree. They should give an extension long enough for the new EU transparency laws that Brexit is really about to bite good and hard.
Yes, give a politician just enough time to do X and it will never be long enough. If it takes them, oh, a month of 'work' they will not start doing it until a week before the deadline so you have to base the time on something other than enough time to do what they say they want to do.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Yes, give a politician just enough time to do X and it will never be long enough. If it takes them, oh, a month of 'work' they will not start doing it until a week before the deadline so you have to base the time on something other than enough time to do what they say they want to do.
So if you want them to be ready in a month, you must give them a week?

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
It's more like they've been screwing around for 3 years and still don't know about the house.
That's more true than you realize. The Brexit agreement was published today. Not the withdrawal agreement which defines how Brexit is to be implelemented but the actual Brexit agreement that defines what Brexit means. The government did keep that rather important document secret from everybody, including the MPs for over a year and they weren't actually planning to show it to the MPs until after the parliament had voted for it. Now, I may be overly suspicious but it's not normal procedure for a parliament to pass bills unseen so there is something strange going on here...