Brexit.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
At first, I misread the logo on the side of the truck in the first photo as Caltrans. I thought, "They changed their logo! WTF?! And why are they trying to enter Britain?" Then I re-read it -- correctly -- as Cartrans. Caltrans is the California Department of Transportation's portmanteau word for itself, appears much like that on all their trucks and big equipment. Anyway, please excuse a too-quick-to-the-draw old lady her lapses of vision and chattering fingers; I couldn't bear not to share my addlepatedness.
I actually saw the same thing at first glance, and had a very similar reaction.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Govi

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
In the biggest possible dick move ever BoJo wants to defund the BBC completely within 5 years. In 2027 the yearly licence fee should be abolished completely, while in the next two years the funding will be frozen.

The opposition in HoC calls that initiative as smoke grenade to divert the attention away from Johnson's Partygate affair.

Even more so, some people speculate that this is a desperate last effort by BoJo to save his premiership.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Stora

SL Rez
Would be glad to see the back of Boris and the BBC licence tax .

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Sid and Ashiri

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This was quite a moment, too

if only for Johnson -- the author of a (not very good, apparently) biography of Churchill -- claiming not to recognize the Leo Amery quote, from the debate on the German invasion of Norway that led to Chamberlain's resignation and Churchill's appointment as PM.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

If true, Johnson has been lying to Parliament and Sue Gray has documentary evidence to prove it.

(To be fair, it may be that, despite the warning, Martin Reynolds, Johnson's PPS -- Bernard, in Yes Prime Minister -- didn't think to mention it to Johnson, but that seems vanishingly unlikely).

And while all this is going on,

Last edited:
  • 1* Popcorn *
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Sid