Brexit.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Evernote link

I can't say I've noticed it particularly, other than that, when I order online (as normally I do) I see reduced ranges for some brands and product lines, and rather more items temporarily unavailable for a day or so than I might expect, but it's hardly what I'd call "food shortages."

ETA

Last edited:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
This would have never happened if the UK government had been smart enough to accept some kind of Norwegian or Swiss deal with the EU.
But as the Dutch proverb says: 'Who burns his buttocks will have to sit on the blisters' meaning about the same as 'You must lie in your bed the way you made it".

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Blessed are the cheesemakers.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Not Brexit strictly speaking, but here's as good a place as any

Many people do argue that he's doing that on purpose, not because he's unable to look tidy. And he's doing this on purpose according to these people to look less like an upperclass arrogant something, more lower class clerksman or so, so that more people can relate to him.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's like the early 20th Century upper class English habit of using "ain't" (if Dorothy Sayers reports accurately on this in her mystery fiction). Contrary completely to all that was taught about the word in American (and presumably British) English language classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think that the explosion of energy prices in Europe has more to do with the current pandemic than with Brexit.
There have been delivery and transport problems due to Corona causing more than average inflation. And of course there are those businessmen who take advantage of the situation to line up their pockets.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
At first, I misread the logo on the side of the truck in the first photo as Caltrans. I thought, "They changed their logo! WTF?! And why are they trying to enter Britain?" Then I re-read it -- correctly -- as Cartrans. Caltrans is the California Department of Transportation's portmanteau word for itself, appears much like that on all their trucks and big equipment. Anyway, please excuse a too-quick-to-the-draw old lady her lapses of vision and chattering fingers; I couldn't bear not to share my addlepatedness.