Brexit.

Stora

SL Rez
Poots: European Union treating NI as a political plaything

Mr Poots claimed the EU was damaging the NI peace process.
The European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic, firmly rejected that suggestion.
Speaking on the Marr programme on BBC One, Mr Poots said the current EU commissioners did not seem to care about the peace process.
He said he shared the fear of his predecessor Arlene Foster that anger over the NI protocol could lead to violence on the streets this summer.
He said: "I don't want to use a threat of violence in terms of this.
"Our arguments are very clear, they are very coherent.
"This is the European Union seeking to punish the UK and, as a consequence, Northern Ireland is being used as a plaything.
"I can assure you, Northern Ireland should be nobody's plaything."

Poots: European Union treating NI as a political plaything

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Beebo Brink

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
[RANT]
One of the truly horrible things that Brexit does not seem to have affected in any positive way is the layout of blogs in the English language. :unsure: They used to be walls of text, which are readable if done right. But walls of Tweets, often composed of twitter comments that mean the many parts of the twitter thread are repeated, are almost unreadable for this cranky old woman this morning. My eye scans down and sees "oh, I read that Tweet up-page, but there's something new in this new pasted Tweet so now I have to look for what it is and make sense of which comments follow which other comments."

It really gets to be too much work for the reader. Why don't writers just put the damn Tweets in footnotes or such to clean up the flow of their writing? Quote the words of the person's Tweet using traditional quotation rules and in the footnote place the Tweet for the curious or those wishing to check the author.
[/RANT]

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
[RANT]
One of the truly horrible things that Brexit does not seem to have affected in any positive way is the layout of blogs in the English language. :unsure: They used to be walls of text, which are readable if done right. But walls of Tweets, often composed of twitter comments that mean the many parts of the twitter thread are repeated, are almost unreadable for this cranky old woman this morning. My eye scans down and sees "oh, I read that Tweet up-page, but there's something new in this new pasted Tweet so now I have to look for what it is and make sense of which comments follow which other comments."

It really gets to be too much work for the reader. Why don't writers just put the damn Tweets in footnotes or such to clean up the flow of their writing? Quote the words of the person's Tweet using traditional quotation rules and in the footnote place the Tweet for the curious or those wishing to check the author.
[/RANT]
Because they have to go backward before they can go forward.

Software like Twitter wasn't designed to be used the way people are using it (as if it were a forum). I don't think there is a way to stop people from misusing software. Definitely not after the software gets upgraded to accommodate the misuse. Reminds me a good bit of LL in some ways.

Be very careful typing "using". One small transposition and you get "suing". :ashamed:

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Govi, a one time comment that most of the time, I usually don't read your posts because that font color/style is too difficult to read. Of course your reaction may well be "Whatever, I like it.", but I'm mentioning it anyway.

Govi said:

• 1Sad
  • 1Like
Reactions: Sid and Govi

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Govi, a one time comment that most of the time, I usually don't read your posts because that font color/style is too difficult to read.
I do read Govi's comment, but I have to confess that I struggle with the lack of contrast between the light blue type and white background.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Casey Pelous

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
When Govi posts, I just select all her text. Then I'm reading white text on blue background (I use the light theme).

• 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Dark theme here, so it looks OK to me, but I try to avoid custom colours when I can, because I know some that must be clearly legible in light themes are similarly difficult for me to read.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I do read Govi's comment, but I have to confess that I struggle with the lack of contrast between the light blue type and white background.
I use the dark theme, so while the mid-blue text doesn't exactly pop, it's still readable.

Red text, on the other hand, doesn't work well at all. Especially on my phone.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Lexxi and Govi

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
And I think I figured out the sig thing. Sig is there in landscape but not portrait in Safari.