SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I know how different metric units relate so I can make up the missing spoon if needed. I have no clue how many teaspoons make a tablespoon though so would just be guessing.

When I started cooking, I stuck a conversion chart to the refrigerator with a magnet. Now I have various Pyrex measuring cups. metal measuring spoons, and an electronic scale.

Last edited:

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
And don't forget it's 1787.36 teaspoons to a peck, unless they're metric teaspoons in which case it's 1761.95 teaspoons to a peck.

Edit: I tried to figure out the rules for how much a gill was but got lost in the jacks and noggins and shots.

Last edited:

Sid

One can't have enough coffee breaks.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Next time I go out for diner.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
And don't forget it's 1787.36 teaspoons to a peck, unless they're metric teaspoons in which case it's 1761.95 teaspoons to a peck.

Edit: I tried to figure out the rules for how much a gill was but got lost in the jacks and noggins and shots.
Peter Piper picked 1787.36 tablespoons of pickled pepper doesn't have the same ring to it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Four pecks of what?

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
How many pecks is a pig in a poke?

Stora

SL Rez
Macron clashes with Rutte and Kurz at EU summit

Tempers flared as the deadlocked EU coronavirus summit rolled over from Sunday into Monday, with French President Emmanuel Macron upbraiding his Dutch and Austrian colleagues and threatening a walk-out.
Frustration had been building for three days as the 27 leaders wrangled over the size and form of an up to 750-billion-euro ($860-billion) package of loans and grants to lift virus-ravaged countries out of recession.
An alliance of so-called "frugals", led by Prime Minister Mark Rutte of the Netherlands and Chancellor Sebastian Kurz of Austria, has been resisting calls for the bulk of the funds to be doled out as non-repayable grants.

Macron, according to witnesses, bashed the table, attacked Kurz for leaving the room to make a call and accused Rutte of behaving like former British premier David Cameron -- whose strategy "ended badly".
Macron clashes with Rutte and Kurz at EU summit - France 24

Sid

One can't have enough coffee breaks.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Is it really so hard to understand, that we ask for reforms in return for the money?
For me the 'frugals' are right. Financial help is not the problem, but total freedom to spend it is.
Money for nothing is a bad idea.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Stora and Tirellia