Brexit.

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
Well the exit poll is a total fucking disaster. Hard to believe the results could possibly be that bad. Who the fuck looks at Johnson and thinks - yep thats what we want for a prime minister?

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
The TV licence pays for content across NINE national TV stations, as well as additional localised regional TV content and an internet-only station (BBC3).

It also pays for TEN national radio stations and FORTY local radio stations across the country (you can listen to these without a licence, but the license pays for them).

And it pays for the website as well.

Sorry, I should have been more precise, I meant did it pay for anything more than content, whether it is on n stations or something from 1 antenna. The key thing on the website is content, since presumably anything else would be about the same cost as the website hosting the streaming service.

Basically, right now people are paying a BBC license fee. For that you also have people having to run around and convince people to pay. A streaming service could be made cheeper to the end user and would be FAR more efficient. A lot of the needed infrastructure is even already there, it just needs to be scaled up to be the primary way to deliver content.

Where is the downside?

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
There is such a thing as a licence fee for radio only. You can't even listen to a radio legally without a licence
But how many people even buy them? A radio-only license is even more hilarious than a black and white set only one.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Well the exit poll is a total fucking disaster. Hard to believe the results could possibly be that bad. Who the fuck looks at Johnson and thinks - yep thats what we want for a prime minister?
The same type of people that thought donnie was a good idea over here?

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Just devastating. I can hardly believe it, it’s like watching Trump’s election, except He didn’t actually win.
Although he will claim it when he takes a break from screaming about impeachment.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I just.... I mean, we know a certain foriegn nation has interfered in our elections, could this happen over in the UK as well?

• 1Agree

Ariane

Based on the outcome of the election yesterday:
1. England wants out of the EU
2. Scotland wants out of the UK and to stay in the EU.
3. Northern Ireland wants to unite with the rest of Ireland.
4. People prefer BoJo over Jeremy Corbyn.

This show is just getting started. The next 10 years are going to be chaos in the UK and former UK. If I were in England or Wales, I would consider moving ASAP. Dublin looks nice. Part of the EU, and they sort of speak English. Or you could try Glasgow before they declare independence, and are forced to build border fencing with England.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The same type of people that thought donnie was a good idea over here?
In the 2016 election overall Hillary Clinton got over three million more votes than Donald J. Trump! So when looking at the voters alone the vast majority elected Clinton over Trump! Probably even more when we would estimate how many votes for Clinton have been stolen or prevented due to nasty measures the Republicans are known for.

But due to the electoral college being what it is - a voting result distortion machine - Trump became the president. Not because he was elected by the people, but by the members of that college and Clinton sabotaged by the GOP. The American people have been cheated, like so many times before.

So the US citizens do have an excuse for Trump - the Brits don't for Johnson becoming PM again.

And since roughly 10% of the UK's population is eligible of getting an Irish citizenship due to heritage any time I do expect to rise the number of enquiries on that now a lot, much more like it did after the referendum. To put this in perspective: Ireland right now has a population of roughly 4,7 million people - this would mean an influx of 6 million new people at maximum, so more than doubling the Irish population on paper.

Brexit is coming, my friends - and the unity of the United Kingdom in danger.

Of course now the bromance finally blossoms:

Last edited:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
So Boris' Brexit was more appealing to the masses in the UK than a continuing uncertainty about it.
January 31 it will be.
The price payed is high: a clown at the wheel, an exit deal with the EU that could have been far better and tons of people voted for a party with thoughts on other issues that don't reflect their own opinion about those.

The financial world seems pleased: The pound is up.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Boris Johnson's message today at the remainers: "Put a sock on it!" Also that Brexit will happen end of January 2020.