Yay! Breaking -- Steve Bannon arrested for fraud over crowdfunding border wall

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I wonder if this is a "little fish" indictment. In organized crime prosecutions, you catch a little fish and offer a deal if they will turn on a bigger fish to stay out of jail.

On a separate topic, if they stole money for this piece of the wall, you can now argue that Don the Con & his crime family probably stole money for other parts of the wall, the parts funded by US taxpayers. That might turn a few more middle-of the road voters against Trump.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Tie a rock to that basket of deplorables and throw'm in the legal equivalent of the Mariana Trench.
Hopefully they're tied to their peers and siblings strong enough to drag a bunch of the rest of them down as well.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Trump said:
I know nothing about the project, other than I didn’t like, when I read about it I didn’t like it.
Oh really now?
But Trump and McEnany’s statements belie claims by former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the general counsel of We Build The Wall, in January 2019 that Trump gave the project his “blessing,” as well as Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr.’s public praise of the project as a “pretty amazing” effort for an “important grassroots issue” at a 2018 fundraiser, according to video unearthed by CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski.

Trump also “personally and repeatedly” lobbied for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a $1.28 billion wall-building contract to Fisher Industries, a politically-connected firm that was also helping We Build The Wall build a private portion of the wall, according to the Washington Post.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Questions.

1. The US Postal Service has agents, who can arrest people? I had no idea, I wonder if Canada has the same.

2. Am I spending too much time online and turning into my own version of a conspiracy nut that my first thought is THIS might have been the real motivation behind attacking the Postal Service recently? A threat against them not to do this? Or is it just sweet coincidence?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Questions.

1. The US Postal Service has agents, who can arrest people?
Yup. Well, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service does, which is an arm, the law enforcement arm, of the USPS.

I had no idea, I wonder if Canada has the same.
Canada Post has their Security & Investigation Services. I don't know if they arrest people, though.

2. Am I spending too much time online and turning into my own version of a conspiracy nut that my first thought is THIS might have been the real motivation behind attacking the Postal Service recently? A threat against them not to do this? Or is it just sweet coincidence?
I suspect they're unrelated.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
Questions.

1. The US Postal Service has agents, who can arrest people? I had no idea, I wonder if Canada has the same.

1.) Yes. In fact, it is rare that a big fraud case does not somehow involve the post office authorities because "postal fraud" is an extra special sort of fraud, and the moment any part of the fraud scheme goes through the mails, it is postal fraud. I imagine Canada does have the same sort of force unless they've farmed it out to the Mounties. Or Canadians are just too damned nice to commit postal crimes ....

2) Why would His Orange Excrescence do something like that? HE DON'T KNOW NUFFIN' ABOUT NUFFIN'! :shiftyeyes:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
2) Why would His Orange Excrescence do something like that? HE DON'T KNOW NUFFIN' ABOUT NUFFIN'! :shiftyeyes:
Of course, Trump is pretending he doesn't know anything, yet he tried to direct a $1.28 billion contract to Fisher Industries (that was also working with the frauds).

Trump Reportedly Gave 'We Build The Wall' His Blessing And Tried To Steer $1B Contract To Its Builder

But Trump and McEnany’s statements belie claims by former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the general counsel of We Build The Wall, in January 2019 that Trump gave the project his “blessing,” as well as Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr.’s public praise of the project as a “pretty amazing” effort for an “important grassroots issue” at a 2018 fundraiser, according to video unearthed by CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski.
Trump also “personally and repeatedly” lobbied for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a $1.28 billion wall-building contract to Fisher Industries, a politically-connected firm that was also helping We Build The Wall build a private portion of the wall, according to the Washington Post.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Is that Erik Prince the mercenary? Please lock him up.
Yes, that would be him. Lately he has been up to recruiting former spies to infiltrate liberal organizations, teacher's unions (remember that he is the brother of Betsy Devos, Secretary of Education), and of course being part of this fraudulent organization.

Security contractor Erik Prince reportedly recruited ex-spies to help Project Veritas infiltrate liberal groups
Erik Prince, Brother of Betsy DeVos, Master of Domestic Espionage

Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
on second thought... while I hope they hang for the fraud, I don't at all feel bad for the racists whose 'charitable donations' were swindled. Nope. Not a bit.
I came here to say that taking money from people who are donating money to build The Wall seems like barely a crime.

Also...Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
That one has more to do with trying to cripple the Election than this Fraud. HOWEVER, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bill Barr's attempt to fire Berman, the US Attorney in charge of the SDNY, and install a loyalist is tied to this and an attempt to subvert it.