LOL! Boooooooks

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Well, "his thumb". Then "the other one". I assume the two more, then the one more were thumbs he had from prior partners.

Just dropping severed body parts into her mouth. That bland "I hadn't" seems to imply she wasn't exactly excited by all those thumbs.

• 1Gross
  • 1Scared
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Free

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Just bought some books directly from a publisher because they were having a sale. Picked the mobi format to forward to myself so I could forward to my Kindle. Whereupon I got an email from Amazon noting that, by August 2022, mobi will no longer work. Well, it will, just not from Documents (if I want to be able to get ebooks to be deliverable to current devices I own, and any future devices, I needed to get it into my Amazon library, though, for some reason, it always went to Docs instead of books; so anything I bought in the past, that I have in Docs that is in mobi format, will not be sendable from Docs to any future Kindle device I own in the future).

I own, like, a billion mobi format books. In theory any already on my Kindle devices, will still be there and readable after August 1st. In theory. I've seen roll-outs before. There can be issues that don't get fixed.

It's not Amazon cutting off other book sellers from being able to sell books that are readable by Kindles, other formats will either still be supported or will, later, be supported (like epub). So I'd just select epub in future if buy from non-Amazon.

Still. An issue that probably will resolve itself without any problems seen by me, but just more anxiety to be added to my life (if I trip and fall and break my ebook and need to get another (or, like just happened recently, the ebook just stopped working), will my books be there?). Ah. Anxiety. If this was a romance book, anxiety is, apparently, a requirement. So I have anxiety now. I didn't want to be in a romance with Amazon, though.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Grandma Bates

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Bacon
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi and Isabeau

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Number 21, Powells, is a full block of several interconnected buildings in downtown Portland. Mrs Quandry and I would go on dates there. In the late 80s/early 90s there were two excellent record stores nearby, as well as a couple of vintage clothing stores and a cafe that sold an unreasonably large nacho for $5. Aside from Powells, the rest have been priced out of the neighborhood since they replaced the Henry Weinhard Brewery with luxury apartments.

Last edited:
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Number 21, Powells, is a full block of several interconnected buildings in downtown Portland. Mrs Quandry and I would go on dates there. In the late 80s/early 90s there were two excellent record stoes neaby, as well as a couple of vintage clothing stores and a cafe that sold an unreasonably large nacho for $5. Aside from Powells, the rest have been priced out of the neighborhood since they replaced the Henry Weinhard Brewery with luxury appartments.
I worked there for 22 years.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Number 18, Barter Books in Alnwick is in the old Victorian railway station. It's got little tucked away reading places, a log fire and sofas and outside you can sit on the old railway platform benches. It's not as grand as some on the list but it's eccentric and quite wonderful.