Bolton is out

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I laughed out loud when I saw the headline. Among the monsters in the Trump "admin", he was among the worst. Good riddance. I'm sure he's the scapegoat for Trump's Taliban at Camp David insanity.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I wonder if Trump had a bright moment, or Bolton was not buttlicking him enough any longer. Anyway, the result is what counts most...

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
A bit of a disagreement on if he was fired or not but the key takeaway is that he is gone.
LOL, there always is that disagreement. 99% guaranteed that Bolton quit entirely of his own volition. But in Trumpworld nobody walks out on Trump, they're only ever "fired", so per SOP as soon as a resignation hits his desk Trump has to get out in front of it by claiming he demanded it and badmouthing whomever is leaving on their way out.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I'm actually marveling at which of Bolton's suggestions Trump could have possibly disagreed with!
"Sir, perhaps one might humbly suggest a bit more attention to the Iran situation and a bit less to the Chrissy Teigen situation?"

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I wonder if Trump had a bright moment, or Bolton was not buttlicking him enough any longer. Anyway, the result is what counts most...
From what I caught this morning there was a disagreement over whether donnie fired him or he quit. Not that it really matters since the traditional thing when a prez wants to fire someone is they tender a letter of resignation. Not that donnie follows convention tho, especially for firing people.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I don't think Trump ever agreed with Bolton about much tbh. Trump hired Bolton as a stunt, for no other reason than to make "the libs" mad. But Bolton is a fierce warmonger; he would've disagreed with drawing down in Afghanistan, he would've been pushing for more involvement in Syria, and it's already public that Trump was growing increasingly frustrated to the point of shouting over Bolton's agitating for military intervention in Venezuela. Above all else, Bolton would be (rightfully, for once) horrified at Trump's policy of appeasement and sycophancy toward Russia. Bolton's tenure was doomed from Day Zero.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The only remaining question is: Did Bolton realise that?
Good question - I dunno. I'd like to think that taking the job meant he didn't; but who knows, maybe he thought he could change Trump's mind. Heh.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Ashiri

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I don't think Trump ever agreed with Bolton about much tbh. Trump hired Bolton as a stunt, for no other reason than to make "the libs" mad. But Bolton is a fierce warmonger; he would've disagreed with drawing down in Afghanistan, he would've been pushing for more involvement in Syria, and it's already public that Trump was growing increasingly frustrated to the point of shouting over Bolton's agitating for military intervention in Venezuela.
Well, you cannot put Bolton on your leash and increase the military budget by 100 billion US$ without having Bolton a hardon because of that and behaving like a dog in heat fucking peace, wanting war. That does not work.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle