Bloomberg

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I wonder what specifications he gave to youtube for his ads. I see them often [and none for any other candidates]. We will see overtheair ones because northern virginia watches dc channels but no idiot will spend money paying for ads going to a dc isp. We have the last primary so usually it is no mystery who is ahead in the dems by then. As to the general everyone here knows dc will overwhelmingly vote for the democrat.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I wonder what specifications he gave to youtube for his ads. I see them often [and none for any other candidates]. We will see overtheair ones because northern virginia watches dc channels but no idiot will spend money paying for ads going to a dc isp. We have the last primary so usually it is no mystery who is ahead in the dems by then. As to the general everyone here knows dc will overwhelmingly vote for the democrat.
The potential audience in Washington DC includes, though, plenty of politicians, their staffers, civil servants, journalists and other people whom Bloomberg will want to impress with the seriousness of his candidature.

Also, the main point of most of his ads, as I understand it, is to troll and irritate Trump, so naturally he'll want them running in Washington DC, and will want Trump to be aware of this, just to rub it in.

• 2Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Sid

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1not-sure
Reactions: Free

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
The potential audience in Washington DC includes, though, plenty of politicians, their staffers, civil servants, journalists and other people whom Bloomberg will want to impress with the seriousness of his candidature.

Also, the main point of most of his ads, as I understand it, is to troll and irritate Trump, so naturally he'll want them running in Washington DC, and will want Trump to be aware of this, just to rub it in.
DC has all the top political staff move in and out with every new president so he has equal odds of finding new people anywhere. As to politicians it depends on who is elected and most live in Virginia and Maryland anyways.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
DC has all the top political staff move in and out with every new president so he has equal odds of finding new people anywhere. As to politicians it depends on who is elected and most live in Virginia and Maryland anyways.
Yes, but he's interested in getting himself talked about by opinion formers and Washington movers and shakers now, not at some point in the future --from what I read ,one of the main points of his advertising campaign is its ubiquity, at least in the places in which he's at the moment interested in targeting, so making sure it's ubiquitous in Washington DC seems an obvious tactic.

I have no idea whether it's a good idea or not, but Bloomberg clearly thinks it is, and it's his money and his campaign.

Plus, as I said, it can only add to Trump's irritation to know that Bloomberg's anti-Trump ads are playing wall-to-wall in DC.

• 1Like

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Getting ads in DC improves the odds that political journalists will see them and report on them, expanding exposure for a low investment.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Woohoo, this thread is now officially nonsense posting!

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristalle

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Coming to a TV near you...Biden ads. If Mike keeps his word. It's still going to be a bought election.
I think he just proved that doesn’t work.

Meanwhile I Really wish he would take his money and replace every crappy hackable voting machine with hand marked paper ballot things. They aren’t hackable and can be checked easily.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I think he just proved that doesn’t work.

Meanwhile I Really wish he would take his money and replace every crappy hackable voting machine with hand marked paper ballot things. They aren’t hackable and can be checked easily.
Unfortunately, the states involved would have to agree to them.

• 1Agree

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Funny story about handmarked paper ballots...

Michigan uses them, but tabulates them electronically. In Wayne County (Detroit) there were 75,000 ballots that the machines refused to read. They remain uncounted. Jill Stein sued to have them manually counted. You can do that with paper ballots, right? Her "recount" effort is misunderstood. It wasn't a recount. She just wanted those 75,000 ballots manually counted. She sued, and initially won a decision to "recount". She and the Michigan tax payers were going to pony up the funds to "recount".

Then Trump countersued. He argued, successfully, that Stein didn't have standing. There was no way the "recount" was going to result in her winning the election. Good news, though! Clinton's lawyers were in the courtroom and were asked what they wanted to do.

"We're just here to observe."

So, the "recount" effort, and 75,000 likely mostly Clinton votes, were tossed out. In a state with a margin of victory of 11,000 votes.

WTF happened, Ms. Clinton?

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
For more not so funny stories about paper ballots, read about Broward County. You'll never guess who that involves.

• 1Agree