BlogoTex (heard about it via New World Notes)

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Saw this post on New World Notes:

Cassie's Clips: Walkthrough of Blogotex, the Online Management System for Second Life Fashionistas

Hamlet's current Fashionista associate mentions Blogotex as a good alternative to Blogger groups. It might be..if you're one of those A-list bloggers who wants to be an official blogger for everyone and their KittyCat. What it is is a Blogger Management System for Designers and from what I see it's designed to give them more control over their Bloggers. Some designers might t hink that's a good thing...and maybe it is, but the current blogger/designer dynamic in SL is rather....unhealthy and incestual.

I responded as follows:

This isn't a service FOR bloggers, it's a service for designers to MANAGE their official bloggers. For example the designers can set limits on items, set deadlines for posts about said items.

"Analyse each blogger's list of taken vs blogged items, list of accepted/rejected posts. Let go the ones that do not deliver"

If designers had tried to do things like that in the old days there would have been hell to pay because bloggers saw themselves as consumer advocates, not PR agents for designers who get items as their "pay". I still believe that the relationship between bloggers and designers in the mesh era has become too...cozy.

Blogotex is useless for bloggers who DON'T want to be "official" and who want to stay independent. Also certain features like being able to immediately add a blogger or remove any limits from certain bloggers are Premium features!

Amigo Uriza

Too Old for This Job
Joined SLU
03-31-2010
SLU Posts
I use blogotex
I have no deadlines for bloggers, I add items every ten days. Some people blog more than others. I just want to them to have fun and have something to do and in the mean time, promote the brand.

It's a tool and you can use it the way you want it.
If a designer is picky on blogotex, the same designer can be picky without blogotex. They can refuse to give their items to certain bloggers for not having enough quality or followers etc..

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
It took me a few days but I replied there on NWN too.
It's also something I think I'll blog about. I'm ...not thrilled with the state of SL fashion events and blogging overall (as a consumer and very occasional blogger) but until I put my own hat further into the blogging ring with more than the occasional post under my belt, that's all I'll say for now.