Blackface Sweater

Khamon

Irish Harper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This is a case that can easily be argued in several directions with each person convinced they have a valid point. Not intended, no harm no foul, established privilege, swastika, pain. The latter trumps all for me. We have to respect the people in pain, take their word for it, and do as we're told without question or justification then, maybe, we'll reach a point one day of being a supportive and productive society. I don't know if we can successfully dissipate our gang mentality though. It is so pervasive.

Gucci Apologizes And Removes Sweater Following 'Blackface' Backlash

edit: verbs have tenses

Last edited:

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
Also why the f*ck are they quoting Paul Joseph Watson in that article?

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Fizzy!💀🎃⚧
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
He's prob the loudest and most known idiot crying about how people are too sensitive, that and people LOVE to give these kinds free publicity and their views legitimatecy by including the bullshit falling out of their mouths in their news articles.

Blah blah "balance" blah.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Tigger

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
He must be considered a well-known and influential fasionista and style icon in some circles, I assume.

Ellen Cordeaux

Lurky Loo
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Late to this party but my take on this, outside of the usual 'here we go again, sigh, wtf, sigh, too exhausted to rage about this shit anymore, sigh' was...

It's Gucci. GUCCI. When they do a product it goes from idea, to markup, to production, to marketing, etc. A long travel from an idea to ending up in the catalog. Who really believes not. one. person. in that journey didn't have a thought that it might be controversial?

They knew what they were doing and were banking on the outrage to draw attention. This is different from the H&M thing, I feel like they (H&M) just made a tone deaf mistake. Gucci planned this abomination. sigh. :rolleyes: