netflix Black Mirror S5

Ellen Cordeaux

Lurky Loo
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Welp.

This season wasn't as stellar for me personally as previous ones. Ep. 1 was great, but 2 & 3 left me feeling... let down and unsatisfied. Lots of social commentary subtext that wasn't very subtle which I can live with but...Anyhoo, I'll hold more in-depth thoughts till the rest of y'all comment.

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
Episode 1 was fantastic and totally familiar to anyone who's spent time in SL. Episode 3 was just hilarious. Miley Cyrus doing poppy upbeat covers of NIN tracks? Sign me up!

Mistryl Glyn

Getting my chard on
SL Rez
Joined SLU
6-28-2015
SLU Posts
I enjoyed the Miley Cyrus one the best, also. I want her to sing metal, NOW!

The one with Falcon shows that sometimes, voice/Skype verification isn't all that necessary for some people to enjoy themselves.

I zoned out during the one with Hot Priest. I'm sure it had some redeeming message in it, though. I'll watch it again, later.

Also, weird: on my Netflix, the Miley episode was number 1, Falcon's #2. Does the order vary by viewer?

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
I enjoyed the Miley Cyrus one the best, also. I want her to sing metal, NOW!
:qft:

Also, weird: on my Netflix, the Miley episode was number 1, Falcon's #2. Does the order vary by viewer?
No idea. Maybe it's location-based?

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
....it's more than three episodes.
I just finished the first three, then I saw a christmas-related episode pop up as the fourth.
Now that I've watched all four, they vanished from my "Season 5" episode list, and I see three completely new episodes under "Season 5", with the previous ones gone.

...and I presume the four episodes I saw were not in the order, nor potentially all the same episodes others have seen in the thread. I sense Black Mirror style hijinks.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
....it's more than three episodes.
I just finished the first three, then I saw a christmas-related episode pop up as the fourth.
Now that I've watched all four, they vanished from my "Season 5" episode list, and I see three completely new episodes under "Season 5", with the previous ones gone.

...and I presume the four episodes I saw were not in the order, nor potentially all the same episodes others have seen in the thread. I sense Black Mirror style hijinks.

Season 2 had four episodes that ended with a Christmas episode. If your episode had Jon Hamm in it, that was definitely season 2. (I think that's the only Christmas episode they've done.)

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
Season 2 had four episodes that ended with a Christmas episode. If your episode had Jon Hamm in it, that was definitely season 2. (I think that's the only Christmas episode they've done.)
Nah, this was specifically the 'Season 3' episode list you can get in the little dropdown on the lower right of the player. Unless they mixed up some stuffs. Was the season 2 christmas episode the one in the, um, remote shack?

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Nah, this was specifically the 'Season 3' episode list you can get in the little dropdown on the lower right of the player. Unless they mixed up some stuffs. Was the season 2 christmas episode the one in the, um, remote shack?

Yep, that's the one.

The Netflix player can vary between devices. The current version on my FireTV is annoying the way it lists episodes. The seasons are in reverse order, but the episodes within each season are in forward order. So it starts with 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3, but then jumps to 4.1. The stupid thing automatically jumps to the start of the previous season instead of the next one. And it doesn't even list the episode numbers, so it's not clear which order they're supposed to be in. 😒

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
Yep, that's the one.

The Netflix player can vary between devices. The current version on my FireTV is annoying the way it lists episodes.
I'm not even using the player :D
I use the Netflix website.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
In retrospect, I was amused that the songs in the Miley Cyrus one were all covers and variations of Nine Inch Nails songs.

That's the one you catch a few lyrics of when she tries to get inspiration at the piano:

And of course "On A Roll" is made after the ole "Head Like A Hole."