Black Dragon Viewer

Lucierda Solari

Sending you love and light
SL Rez
Setting the custom animation speed to negative numbers doesn't work anymore. The avatar just freezes in place instead of playing the animation in reverse like before.

It was very useful to me. :,(

NiranV Dean

Animating Your Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Where's Niran?
I'm sorry, didn't check here since i didn't get any notification. Please ping me (is that a thing here even?) or quote me (anything, doesn't really matter).

I just tested this and it indeed seems like its broken. Sadly i've already done an update. If i had seen this earlier it would be fixed in this update... i suppose i was right when i saw LL limit something about animations... i knew this was gonna do something and now i know what it did... apparently animation speeds are capped at 0.0 now. I'll get this fixed in the next update, sorry for the inconvenience.

Personally i'd recommend sending me a PM or contacting me on Discord with Discord obviously being the best way of getting my attention. In case you're having any more issues, i don't check this Forum as much anymore as i used to.

Here's the new update:
Black Dragon 64x - Update 3.9.0 - "Visualizing Dragon"

ash.cyriac

SL Rez
Tried the Black Dragon Viewer for the first time today after years of using Firestorm and I have to say, I am impressed with it!

For me, it was fairly easy to get used to the movement controls and camera controls. There is less clutter on the screen and overall; the design is more sleek looking. At first, I was hesitant to use it only because it didn't have a built in AO system, but I just bought Niran's AO from the marketplace, put my animations in and I was all good to go. Looking forward to see what other improvements and updates are in store for this viewer.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Tried the Black Dragon Viewer for the first time today after years of using Firestorm and I have to say, I am impressed with it!

For me, it was fairly easy to get used to the movement controls and camera controls. There is less clutter on the screen and overall; the design is more sleek looking. At first, I was hesitant to use it only because it didn't have a built in AO system, but I just bought Niran's AO from the marketplace, put my animations in and I was all good to go. Looking forward to see what other improvements and updates are in store for this viewer.
I am curious what you find impressive about it - I've tried it a few times and I've returned immediately to Firestorm.

ash.cyriac

SL Rez
I am curious what you find impressive about it - I've tried it a few times and I've returned immediately to Firestorm.
Personally, I love how the movements controls are more similar to mmo style movement (using the right mouse button to turn and A and D are strafing.) I also like the simplicity of the design of the UI, and the poser and machinima tools. SL also seems to run smoother for me on Black Dragon rather than Firestorm. I do kind of miss the built in AO but it's not a huge loss, and configuring my AO was easy enough for me.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
I like the viewer, I do not like having to use chui, if the option to turn chui off and return to a firestorm type chat/groups ui was there. I'd be using it.

NiranV Dean

Animating Your Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
It's always more impressive for technically less versed people. Someone who understands more of the inner workings is much less likely to find something impressive, especially if it was already seen before or is considered something that can be done by yourself. I'm not impressed by other Viewers either, nor do most games impress me nowadays, if anything they make me question a lot of things.

I like the viewer, I do not like having to use chui, if the option to turn chui off and return to a firestorm type chat/groups ui was there. I'd be using it.
I do not like to use CHUI either. Someday i'll get around to try implementing the old chiclet system again. It won't be an option though, when i do, i'll get rid of CHUI and tabbed IM completely.

Lucierda Solari

Sending you love and light
SL Rez
I have a problem where avatars will take a very long time to load (at least 10 minutes), either being a cloud or completely gray, even with a more powerful CPU and an internet speed measured in tens of megabits.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I have a problem where avatars will take a very long time to load (at least 10 minutes), either being a cloud or completely gray, even with a more powerful CPU and an internet speed measured in tens of megabits.

SL seems to do a lot of that lately.

Oddly, I can get decent framerates, but everything stays grey forever.