Yay! Biden/Harris WIN

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Question is how many of the secret service, police, military, national guards are Trump-nutters?
My guess is there are more Republicans in those lines of duty than Democrats, considering the kind of jobs.

I think there is reason enough to be worried the next days.
I'm glad when it will be Thursday and Biden and Harris have their first day at the office and Trump is at a golf course in Florida.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Ellie

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Question is how many of the secret service, police, military, national guards are Trump-nutters?
My guess is there are more Republicans in those lines of duty than Democrats, considering the kind of jobs.

I'm glad when it will be Thursday and Biden and Harris have their first day at the office and Trump is golfing in Florida.
Not sure on the secret service, et al. but there has been talk that the Guard was pre-screened.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Ellie and Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
On the other hand, it only takes one armed nutter in their ranks, in the wrong place at the wrong moment....

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ellie

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

I'm glad when it will be Thursday and Biden and Harris have their first day at the office and Trump is at a golf course in Florida.
I won't be, but mostly because I don't want him in my state.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I won't be, but mostly because I don't want him in my state.
He lives there.
But I guess he will be accommodated more appropriate soon after his presidency has ended.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I wasn't sure if they started the protection before the official inauguration.
The Secret Service protection starts well before the inauguration -- indeed, well before the election. I think it is 120 days before Election Day.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The Biden-Harris Inauguration event begins at 11am EST/8am PST. It'll be carried by all of the expected news broadcasters, on TV and most likely on their webpages too. There's lots and lots of online streams that will be covering it too, even Amazon Prime will have a stream.

If all else fails, here's (one of) the YouTube stream:

Of course there will be some ceremonial things at first. Lady Gaga will be singing the National Anthem around 11:30. The swearing-in will take place just after noon local.

Some TV broadcast networks may play their own relevant pre-programming before the official event starts, you'll have to check that for yourself. A kids' program called "Our White House: An Inaugural Celebration for Young Americans" will begin streaming at 10am on YouTube before the main event.

Finally, tomorrow night, from 830pm to 10pm ET, Tom Hanks will be hosting "Celebrating America", basically a virtual concert show with a bunch of stars. It will be carried by most if not all channels and websites that carried the Inauguration itself earlier that afternoon.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Watching the inauguration, I have one major question: How long are six American feet?
Can't be more than 30 cm in total.
Masks don't excuse 6 feet distancing.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Congratulations USA, you have a president again.
A great man just has delivered a truly great speech.

And may that bag of shit rot in his Mar A Lago until justice will track him down and bites him hard.

Last edited:

bubblesort

Her and Biden’s words were wonderful, very healing.

I’d forgotten how religious everything tends to be, though.
Even when they don't explucitly pray, everything in DC has a religious feel to it. The national mall and the capitol complex feels more like a temple than a government. Last time I took a tour if the capitol with my sister she was kinda freaked out by the way it feels like there is a government religion. There is no government religion, of course, but they certainly decorate as if there is.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'd forgotten the lovely bit with honouring that hero officer, there was just so much good about everything.

I do hope though that the still convict Twittler, and that they punish every member of congress that was involved in the coup attempt.