cable Better Call Saul - Yea or Nay?

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
I confess that I may actually like "Better Call Saul" to "Breaking Bad" (which I adored), having watched the first episode of the new series. I think Bob Odenkirk is immensely talented, and the kind of actor who rarely gets a shot at a series-central role like Saul. If you were a fan/devotee of Breaking Bad, yes, you know what's going to happen to many of these characters, but "Saul" humanizes them and gives them the stage to create a character in depth. You understand more fully how they all came to collide in Bad.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
As a fan of both shows but I agree, I think I like "Better Call Saul" better, but only because "Breaking Bad" got SO dark toward the end and I hated watching Walter White progressively do more and more evil. At the end of that show, I had to reconcile that Walter didn't just break bad, he was bad. I hope "Better Call Saul" doesn't get that dark. Odenkirk's character Saul is funny, sad, smart, silly and infuriating all at the same time. He may do stupid shit once in awhile but he's not a bad guy.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Roxanne Blue and Pamela

Jopsy Pendragon

MAGA = Many American Graves Anticipated
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I was really surprised that they continued after the finale of season 3. I love the series but I haven't binged my way through season 4 yet...

I got distracted from it by a 4000 page fantasy trilogy that I just can't seem to put down. (Brandon Sanderson's 'Stormlight Archive'. Only 1300 more pages to go!)