Bernie Has A Mean Followers Problem

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Will universal healthcare be the takeaway from the coronavirus outbreak?
Biden, Warren, and Amy put out epidemic response plans months ago. Bernie fumbled a softball question on it last week. Trump has driven home the importance of competence.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

“Women were vocalizing how hard this was to see after such an amazing start in the presidential campaign on the Democratic side early on. That just opened the door because people are putting themselves in vulnerable positions talking about how let down they feel,” Vitak said.

For Sara Goldrick-Rab, a former adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and the founder of the Hope Center for College Community and Justice in Philadelphia, the hostility is somewhat quantifiable. In the past month, she said she had to mute about 3,000 people on Twitter and in the past week, about 500.

“The overarching theme has been you can’t be a real progressive if you support her [Elizabeth Warren], she’s a terrible person for not dropping out and supporting Bernie from the get go,” Goldrick-Rab said. “God forbid you suggest she was just the best person for the job.”

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Aaaaaaand a footnote regarding the behavior of the oh-so-professional math dude behind that non-peer-reviewed algorithm—based study:

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
I wonder how many of these are real people. Oh FYI Biden has some really mean followers as well. I pledge to vote BLUE (again) . I voted for Hillary last time.
Why do so many people keep pretending we’re talking about anonymous followers when we keep providing examples of official campaign staff and high profile Bernie surrogates themselves engaging in harassment and disgusting behavior like the guy committing a federal crime for the lulz of peddling the ”Biden has dementia” smear a few posts back?

Also, once again, for the upteeth time — most of us are not talking about people just being “mean“ or even just being nasty in tone. We’re talking about people being doxxed. We’re talking about organized campaigns to mass report POC and get their social media accounts suspended.

What is the point of this level of denial?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm sorry, the moment Sanders decided 'only he could defeat Twitler' and shunned Warren, Harris and [was it Klobucher?] he lost any of my feminist support. Because that's either ego or sexism and I don't have any respect for that. That people I -know- have said things like 'Warren isn't a real progressive if she doesn't drop', and things like 'Only Bernie is for M4A' (he's not), or any number of things....

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Dude regularly amplified by Bernie campaign staff just got his account suspended for trying to encourage young people to scare their grandparents away from polls.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember