Barr is officially in contempt on 2 counts!

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I wonder when they will drop the 'total exoneration' story and go to something else. Does anyone seriously believe donnie would not be personally handing out copies to everyone if it said what he is preaching constantly?

Eunoli

I wonder when they will drop the 'total exoneration' story and go to something else. Does anyone seriously believe donnie would not be personally handing out copies to everyone if it said what he is preaching constantly?
No. They will keep the story, even if and when Mueller corrects it. And worse, their "base" will believe it, Fox News will continue to spout the same nonsense and they will all demonize Mueller for explaining his own report. This is just another in the long line of tiny (and some larger) steps we are taking toward authoritarianism. Its why its so important that he's booted in 2020.

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009

Victorianna Writer

If all else fails...reboot!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I believe he needs to be impeached..simple as that...but I seriously think he's paying ppl under the table is why it's taking so long to impeach him lol.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I believe he needs to be impeached..simple as that...but I seriously think he's paying ppl under the table is why it's taking so long to impeach him lol.
He must be, or possibly the Russians. It could also be kompromat. Or self-interest - someone like McConnell seems to be in with the Russians on his own.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I don't think you can threaten Trump. He does not belive he can be harmed. Blackmail probably if they frame it as he is outsmarting people or getting away with something. And that something is probably launder Russian money.

Eunoli

I don't think you can threaten Trump. He does not belive he can be harmed. Blackmail probably if they frame it as he is outsmarting people or getting away with something. And that something is probably launder Russian money.
Sorry, I was suggesting the opposite - that Trump has/is threatening and blackmailing the members of congress who did the about-face from decrying him to staunch defenders no matter what.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Blackmail would work with him if it goes to his ego. He feels he can just executive order anything away or ignore valid subpoenas.

His taxes are a prime example, look how much energy he has put into them, up to and including violating a pretty clear law. Unless his tax attorneys are all idiots there is probably not something overtly illegal in them .... but there is a good chance they will reveal something fiscally embarrassing.

This is why NY opening up his tax records will be so interesting. While they do not contain anywhere near the information federal ones have all indications are he does not want them to see the light of day.

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Subpoenaing junior probably won't do much good. Unlike his daddy, he can be jailed but even if he sits in front of a committee he can just play dumb or plead the 5th (except for those issues where he's already talked to Mueller), and generally be defiant. I don't expect them to get much out of him.

By the same token, I don't see holding Barr in contempt as accomplishing much. They held Eric Holder in contempt during the Fast & Furious investigations and it didn't even put a ding in his or Obama's record.

But all of this is just process stuff. By going through the motions of subpoenaing witnesses and holding hearings, they're laying legal groundwork for impeachment. Not that impeaching will work with a Repub Senate, but you gotta do something or just admit you're powerless.

Bottom line: great show, but we're still fucked.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I feel, at this point, we have to impeach him, even if it doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of making it through the Senate. To not do so is basically admitting that the last two years of investigations were fruitless and pointless. We have enough rope to hang him; we need to at least set up the gallows.

Victorianna Writer

If all else fails...reboot!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
You watch, something else is going to happen to get the media reporting it to the people than what is actually going on with Barr, 45, jr, all those that are basically in 45's own words "I'm fucked"