Ardyina

How can I go about finding the items in the picture or similar items? This avatar is for role-playing. What would I need to do to give the avatar a lithe, athletic figure? Where would I go about finding skin for a female that is pale, like alabaster? What would be a good way to get a beautiful head that would look like it would be the head of a female that is half Scottish and half Japanese? I would like the female head to have an upturned nose unless that would not look right. Could you point me to some good-looking ice blue eyes for females? What would I do if I want this avatar to be able to show her vampire fangs with facial expressions? The necklace she wears has an ornate golden cross.

Mechanical

SL Rez
What base body do you plan on using, and what ones do you have available?

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Heads are a bit of personal preference. My suggestion is grab all the demos you can. If price is a concern, usually AK has one every so often as a group gift. Currently Genus has their strong 001 head as a gift. I know that it has fangs as an option in the head hud and blue eyes. I'm not too sure about the options on AK heads as it has been quite some time since I tinkered with them.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
It kind of reminds of me this:

Wanda from X-Men Evolution

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Does -Belleza- Mesh Body Alpha count?
If you're looking for a slim athletic build, I'd recommend Slink mesh body instead. But only if money is no object, otherwise Belleza isn't that far off the mark.

Either way, you'll need to edit the underlying system shape to reduce the curves and body fat, but raise the muscle settings. You can change the skin color settings in just about any mesh body to get the alabaster shade. Then see how close a match you can get with a mesh head demo. Once you've selected a head, you can also look for custom skins (as opposed to the defaults versions in the HUDS).

Ardyina

If you're looking for a slim athletic build, I'd recommend Slink mesh body instead. But only if money is no object, otherwise Belleza isn't that far off the mark.

Either way, you'll need to edit the underlying system shape to reduce the curves and body fat, but raise the muscle settings. You can change the skin color settings in just about any mesh body to get the alabaster shade. Then see how close a match you can get with a mesh head demo. Once you've selected a head, you can also look for custom skins (as opposed to the defaults versions in the HUDS).
When editing the appearance of my avatar what would be the number I should put the body parts I need to change to?

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
When editing the appearance of my avatar what would be the number I should put the body parts I need to change to?
There's no set number that anyone can simply tell you to use in the shape settings. There are dozens of settings that all interact with each other. You have to edit and observe the results, then continue tweaking the body parts that still don't look right to you.

If you're very new to SL and not familiar with how to customize avatars, you may want to scale back your ambitions for the moment. Focus more on buying the hair and clothing that fit your vision of your character. Over time you can learn how to continue customizing, getting closer to the final look.

Ardyina

How would I go about finding some boots that are similar to the boots in the picture?

Last edited:

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
Ice blue eyes you can get at plenty of shops. Avi-Glam is a popular choice. Just make sure you buy eyes that are compatible with the mesh head you end up getting (buy your chosen mesh head first).

Much like with real life shopping it's going to require some committed searching to find exactly what you want. Inworld you will have no choice but to teleport from shop to shop to shop... Marketplace search parameters make things difficult as well.

The hair looks awfully similar to a style I have from DOUX.

Ardyina

What would be the best way to go about looking for the head I want on the Marketplace?

Last edited:

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
I'd suggest setting aside a lot of free time to hunt. There's really no mesh heads category on the marketplace let alone enforcement of you can only sell them from this one category. I've seen heads in gacha, used, skins, complete avatars (despite being only a head), apparel etc. There's also the word spam to deal with. Using the words mesh head demo results in 4923 returns with a huge amount of those being shapes/skins. Just adding vampire to it thins it out to 43 results that include no heads but many makeups. If we replace vampire with Belleza, we get 505 results with about 400 of those being skins/shapes.

Sadly there's no magic set of terms that will give you exactly what you want and only what you want so you'll have to play with search words and dig thru the results.

So I'd start with the terms mesh head demo and thin out the results with other terms of your choice and see what happens.

• 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

sldenizen

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Getting the looks you want for your avatars can be a time-consuming activity -- which isn't a bad thing, if you decide that it's part of the fun of SL. You get to visit different places, like stores, the marketplace, and websites like this one, you get to learn how to use the UI, you get to meet others, and you get to play dress-up. Don't be in too much of a rush, and enjoy as a thing that SL offers.