Auxiliary browser?

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I don't have any problems with Google Chrome (I know I should, but it's not urgent right now). What is a current focus is I am such a tab whore so that that when I enter Second Life I'm carrying around a 400 pound stone that's slowing my ability to use SL - it's hard sometimes just to click a build control! So I'm looking for a lightweight browser where I can have a few tabs open for LSL portal, code samples, and things directly related towards my current building project.

Any recommendations? Both Opera and Brave look very good, but the deciding point will be keeping everything lightweight. I can keep my fun and bulkier things on Google.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I do a lot of shifting between Chrome and Firefox. Firefox tends to handle tab overload like an exercise addict.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Khamon and Soen Eber

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Any recommendations? Both Opera and Brave look very good, but the deciding point will be keeping everything lightweight. I can keep my fun and bulkier things on Google.
Brave uses chromium as its engine so I don't know if it is any more light weight.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Soen Eber

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I use a little Chrome extension called Tab Suspender. Pretty clever -- cuts down at least some of the bloat.

• 1Thanks

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Brave, Vivaldi, Opera and Firefox.

Brave is my normal browser, Vivaldi and Opera being the general use backups and FireFox being the media backup.

• 1Thanks

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
There are no suitable lightweight browsers for the modern web anymore. Anything which is able to render HTML5, so Chrome with all relatives like Brave, Vivaldi, Opera, Safari and so on and Firefox, is not lightweight, because Webkit/Blink and Gecko is heavy.

Anything which is lightweight, like the Dillo browser, Netsurf or Lynx, is unable to render HTML5 properly, so will not work with most modern web pages.

So TL;DR: get more RAM!

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Lynx, links, elinks, Dillo, Midori.