Announcement on Islandz

Free

Gone Fishin'
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I'll try anything once, but mainly I want to make sure I can jump in Islandz.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Myficals

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well I never understood why people would go to closed Opensim grids. If it's closed, you can just stay in Second Life anyway, which is technically far more advanced and stable.

Having said that, I really do hope that they've got a better business concept in the long run. 60 US$/month per mainland region, 75 US$/month per private region doesn't sound like making much money, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: Han Held and Noodles

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Well I never understood why people would go to closed Opensim grids. If it's closed, you can just stay in Second Life anyway, which is technically far more advanced and stable.

Having said that, I really do hope that they've got a better business concept in the long run. 60 US$/month per mainland region, 75 US$/month per private region doesn't sound like making much money, though.
Yeah, aside from maybe a private sandbox or maaaaybe a private hangout for known friends, OpenSIM seems like it works better as an open concept. Otherwise just use SL.

• 1Like
Reactions: Han Held

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Elenia Llewellyn announcement on the new Islandz grid.

Welcome to Islandz!

* What do you think about the announcement ?
I am dumbfounded that someone can drive a grid into the ground, give less than 30 days notice of closure, mis-manage backups, do a bait-and-switch on Patreon and yet still have enough good will to open up a grid.

Whoever falls for this dummy will deserve the burn that they get.
* Will be trying out the new grid ?
Not with your dick, Daniel, not with your dick...

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
Probably not, I don’t even get over to Kitely as much as I’d like to yet and we still have pretty empty sims.

Edit: Nope. My password recovery did not work and if it’s closed, nah... I won’t bother. I only have so much time to be in virtual worlds so I’m sticking with Kitely as my non-SL place to indwell and bang prims together. I’ll log into Sansar and look around instead.

Last edited:
  • 1Hug

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
There are people who want a closed grid but aren't happy with LL policies and/or price levels so there should be room for such an alternative. But there is at least one already and so many of those people have settled there by now and aren't likely to be in a hurry to move again.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I am dumbfounded that someone can drive a grid into the ground, give less than 30 days notice of closure, mis-manage backups, do a bait-and-switch on Patreon and yet still have enough good will to open up a grid.

Whoever falls for this dummy will deserve the burn that they get.
416 total users so far. Registrations are still not open yet.
Somewhere up in heaven Barnum is shouting at the top of his lungs "I told you so! I fukken told you so!"

• 1Like
Reactions: Aztek

Aztek

http://www.virtualkennelclub.com
SL Rez
Islandz Login[/QUOTE]
416 total users so far. Registrations are still not open yet.

Islandz Login
First, I think all the IW accounts were transferred over, so that number may reflect that. However, that number would have to multiply at least thirty times to create a sustainable business thats worth quality merchants to add content to (and trust). Given they really only ever had a small core of 'faithful' residents, which shrunk when she sunk the first ship, I dont see that happening.

• 1Like

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
However, that number would have to multiply at least thirty times to create a sustainable business thats worth quality merchants to add content to (and trust). Given they really only ever had a small core of 'faithful' residents, which shrunk when she sunk the first ship, I dont see that happening.
I'd say they have about ten times as much chance to succeed as Sansar but it's not completely hopeless. One medium sized miracle is all it takes.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Spirits Rising

Voice of Reason/Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
I'd say they have about ten times as much chance to succeed as Sansar but it's not completely hopeless. One medium sized miracle is all it takes.
Considering their core management appears to be the exact same group that essentially killed InWorldz ..... No, no they do not. They have quite the chance of skating along for a bit before shutting down - again.

• 1Agree

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Considering their core management appears to be the exact same group that essentially killed InWorldz ..... No, no they do not. They have quite the chance of skating along for a bit before shutting down - again.
I don't disagree with you there. That's still ten times as much chance as Sansar though. ;)

• 1ROFL

Eli KittyWitch

SL Rez
Warning: require(/var/www/html/PHPMailer/class.phpmailer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/classes/processes/emailSenderClass.php on line 4

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/PHPMailer/class.phpmailer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/classes/processes/emailSenderClass.php on line 4
I can't even change my email address. :/

And yes, just filed a ticket.