Affinity Products Are Currently 50% Off

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The three Affinity design programs (Photo, Designer and Publisher) are currently 50% off their already incredibly reasonable price, bringing them down to $25. They are fantastic alternatives to Adobe's products. I am a Creative Cloud subscriber and I still use Affinity Photo probably 99% of the time.

All three programs just got significant updates as well:

The fact that they are a one time purchase and not a perpetual subscription scheme is awesome. Affinity Photo is fully Photoshop compatible, and Designer is Illustrator compatible. Even if you just dabble in photo editing or design, they are worth it at $25 (and at their normal price as well).

Stora

SL Rez
Affinity photo is very good and at this price is a bargain

I didn't bother renewing my Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan last year and instead went for a One time payment of Capture One for a Lightroom replacement and Affinity photo for a Photoshop replacement.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Wesleytron and Soen Eber

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'll take a peak later. I use inkscape instead of illustrator, but been paying for photoshop for forever [and tried corel through humble bundle and didn't like it at all]

• 1Like
Reactions: Wesleytron

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
I'm kicking myself somewhat because I'd just bought them all for 30% off in their Black Friday sale. And I did that because I was already kicking myself for being stupidly too slow to snap them up when they last had the 50% discount during the first lockdown, thinking they won't offer them for that again. How wrong I was!

Ah well, they are a steal even at full price.

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
Affinity Photo is fully Photoshop compatible, and Designer is Illustrator compatible.
Affinity Publisher will also open Adobe InDesign IDML files (although not the main native INDD files). I tried it on one of the files from work and it did a pretty decent job of converting it. Next time our Adobe subscription is due for renewal, I might suggest we switch to Affinity instead.

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
I use inkscape instead of illustrator
I tried to save money on a job by using Inkscape, but its lack of CMYK support came back to bite me. It's what pushed me closer to considering Affinity.

On a whim I also bought Clip Studio Paint in the Black Friday sale, which so far I think I enjoy using more. It feels more initiative than Designer to me.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
If you need tips on doing things with Affinity Photo, both of these Youtube channels provide some great tutorials.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I've snagged designer, cancelled my adobe.

I'll grab the other two as I can, since I use them less.

• 1Like
Reactions: Stora

Evil String

Meme Wannabe
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
Thank you. I also cancelled my adobe subscription last year since I was not using it. Instead I was using DXO Photolab because they include the "Nik Collection" for the same price.
I refuse to work with Capture One because I use a Canon Cameras (Canon R, Canon 7D and Canon M50) and they charge you the double for the subscription. It's cheaper if you use Nikon or Sony.

I plan to work with Luminar in the future. However, Affinity can be a perfect tool to practice in the mean time while the vaccines are being deployed and we don't have inmunity to go back to normal.