Advice for a new SL-business owner

Sep 20, 2018
There's also quite much info missing, like:
  • area footprint: whats the required length and width of this thingie, its height,
  • has it scripts in it, or not,
  • does it come with doors, or not,
  • the presentation of the interior is lacking, incomplete and down right boring.
I guess you got the idea.
This is all very helpful, thank you. I'll have to fuss with some photos today!

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Nice building, brings to mind the trial scenes from Harry Potter. May create more interest if you bring to attention the other spaces within the structure, such as the balconies and space under the dome. Tried flying to the balconies but an invisible roof and closed windows prevented me, guess teleporting would be the only way?

Val

n00b!1
Sep 21, 2018
Glasgow
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
Ugh, seconding the 'nope, no gacha' as it is one most annoying thing about SL and always pains me to see designers going there, especially with well designed things that I want (and I do not wish to pay other people for them). If you manage to avoid this trend - people are actually going to appreciate it, same goes with events - designers who have time to work on their releases and not cater to the whole spiel can draw loads people to their shop. My only tip is to utilise flickr and groups as this is how most people find the items they like, second to marketplace. If I fancy any designs a shop makes, I will keep them in mind even if I do not have a use for particular item yet. I would not really pay attention to HUD vs. many items as that does not matter much if one sorts items into folders.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
Yeah, I was in an SL store recently and I had to cross 3 rooms of gachas before I finally got to the actual regular for sale products part of the building. :stopsign:
If you had popped in right in front of a directory that said ‘Gacha’ and ‘Main sales floor’ with a quick TP, would that have mitigated the annoyance? I only get bugged if it’s a routed TP landing and I can’t pop over to where I want to shop quickly but I know some people are annoyed at any gacha at all and this forum is pretty heavily biased against them...:whistle:

Val

n00b!1
Sep 21, 2018
Glasgow
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
If you had popped in right in front of a directory that said ‘Gacha’ and ‘Main sales floor’ with a quick TP, would that have mitigated the annoyance? I only get bugged if it’s a routed TP landing and I can’t pop over to where I want to shop quickly but I know some people are annoyed at any gacha at all and this forum is pretty heavily biased against them...:whistle:
I just prefer quality, supporting actual designers, having actual item I want and it not magically erroring or vanishing. I can see the appeal when it is minority of releases and more of a fun add-on not majority of it. Regardless of this or any preferences on the matter - I would say that good floor plan and layout always help in any shop :p . Wishing to make gachas or not is whatever shops prefer and I am going to be annoyed regardless xD (it annoys me most if someone is great but never does normal releases like M.Birdie, Dami and others but again - their preference, I just like looking at their stuff).

craz

mostly asleep
Oct 3, 2018
England
Hmmm it might come up that some of your customers may enjoy peas. So make plans for that. :cthulhu:

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Fucking, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
The idea of having several areas for gachas is fine. I'm sure even old ones can continue to bring in revenue. But yeah, don't lay out your store or set your TP spot so I have to walk through all of them if I'm on a trajectory for your regular products.

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Fucking, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Hmmm it might come up that some of your customers may enjoy peas. So make plans for that. :cthulhu:
I love peas. Most stores do not tend to indulge that love. I still shop at them.