Account Changes (LL Blog)

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Because I wouldn't net any L$, it would all go into the transaction fee.
So no matter what, that money is lost to you, right? If you're not going to post another transaction of any kind for over a year, then the account is basically dead anyway. At least LL will get something out of the deal, even if you don't.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
... sigh. Well, I understand why things are going this way... but what if I never fully cash out and only sell off L$ to offset my land use fees?
My understanding is that you're affected only if you withdraw funds from your LL Stored Value Balance completely -- that is, ask to have them sent to PayPal or Skrill. If you simply cash out and then transfer the USD to LL (so the funds never leave LL's control) then you're not affected. LL have brought in the changes simply to comply with US "Know Your Customer" anti-money-laundering regulations.

This I've had from quite a senior Linden. If people want I'll ask him if I may use his name, but I can assure you that's the very example he gave me -- cashing out but then using the USD to pay your tier and premium membership doesn't involve Tilia at all.

He also said, re alts, that simply logging the alt into the LL website and checking your account balance once a year will count as using the account, so that doesn't seem a terribly onerous requirement.