accessing those hidden sliders?

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I recently came across an item that was rigged to the package size slider ... now that one is only available in male shapes and seems to be set to default value of 11 in female shapes - is there any way to edit it on a female shape (viewer debug setting or similar)?

After all OBJECT BODY SHAPE TYPE - Second Life Wiki states you can even set avatar gender to a non binary value ... So it must be possible... BUT HOW?

Last edited:

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I don't know if it would work, but what if you tick your shape to male, adjust that slider, then tick it back to female?

Maybe make a copy of your shape first, just in case it screws something up.

Trifina

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If you save your shape to XML you can edit the numbers in any text editor. That is, Notepad, not Word. And yes, offline, not in SL.

As far as gender goes, it works better for men as moving away from 0 immediately starts squaring off your breasts on the way to being pecs, and that doesn't look wonderful with most female skins. Sliding down from 100 to about 80, though, does tame that male "hulk" triangular shape without other obvious changes.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
If you save your shape to XML you can edit the numbers in any text editor. That is, Notepad, not Word. And yes, offline, not in SL.
How do you import export that? I always just open two browsers and manually adjust my shape for say, OpenSIM use.

Trifina

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I use Firestorm, but I expect it's close to the same in any client.

Open the Advanced menu, and down at the bottom turn on the Developer menu.
In the Developer menu, go to Avatar/Character Tests/Appearance to XML
This will open a window allowing you to save an XML file on your computer.

To upload a saved XML file, just open the Shape Editor and use the button in the lower right - Import
That will open a window to allow you to find the XML files on your computer.
Choose the file you want, and it's just like wearing a shape from your inventory.
Remember to save the changes from XML as a shape in SL.