About that Borderlands game movie

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
The first info I received on this came in an article naming Kevin Hart as the actor who will portray "Roland", the macho commando leader in the game's storyline.

Here's a handy comparison:

As you can imagine, dedicated fans of the series (Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel , and Borderlands 3) are extremely pissed about this. Roland was a kind-hearted hulking soldier in love with the other main character, Lilith (a "siren"). It's very hard for me right now to picture Hart as Roland. Every time I try to imagine it, I hear Hart's high-pitched screaming that's only funny for about 2 minutes. I know he's a bit more over-exposed, but Dwayne Johnson would have been a much better choice.

IMO.

Will Kevin Hart play Roland in Borderlands Movie? (Dated last December. He has since been confirmed as the one.)

Jamie Lee Curtis Joins ‘Borderlands’ Movie With Cate Blanchett and Kevin Hart

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
This is Tiny Tina's backstory from the Borderlands Wiki:
Tina and her parents were sold to Hyperion to become test subjects for Jack's slag mutation experiments, an event which led to the deaths of her parents. She escaped their fate using a grenade that she had hidden in her dress at her mother's insistence, and once she was free of Hyperion's reach she vowed revenge on the man that had sold her family: Flesh-Stick.
Roland was an Atlas soldier before he became a Vault Hunter, but Tina has no connection. And if she is a damsel in distress instead of blowing shit up 24/7 I will be very disappointed.

Last edited:
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau and Free

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Aww... why do they have to do this?
"We will destroy every last thing you love." ~Hollywood (if it could talk)

Despite that, this production has a pretty impressive pedigree in regards to the team assembled to put it together.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Jack Black is going to voice Claptrap. I guess it has to do with name recognition why they aren't using the voice from the game.