3rd Rock Grid Shutting Down

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
This makes me sad, but it looks like they may be getting some help so...fingers crossed!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I have not been there, but it sucks for everyone because it seems like their issue is almost entirely technical.

They really need like, a shared one note or something to force anyone involved in maintaining things to use. At the bare minimum all log in credentials need to be shared by some sort of admins so when someone randomly up.and goes poof, they can still get in, and maybe sort stuff out. The way it reads, they were not doing anything like that.

Also, Inget that maybe something happened and the technical people needed to leave (or pass, sadly, in the one case), but why be malicious about it and refuse to help (in the case of the original person). At least get them in to sort it out.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Monica Dream

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
I have not been there, but it sucks for everyone because it seems like their issue is almost entirely technical.

They really need like, a shared one note or something to force anyone involved in maintaining things to use. At the bare minimum all log in credentials need to be shared by some sort of admins so when someone randomly up.and goes poof, they can still get in, and maybe sort stuff out. The way it reads, they were not doing anything like that.

Also, Inget that maybe something happened and the technical people needed to leave (or pass, sadly, in the one case), but why be malicious about it and refuse to help (in the case of the original person). At least get them in to sort it out.
I'm kinda confused about that too, honestly. I'm unclear about the order of events as far as who did what and when. The bottom line is that now their system is hosed -I hope they're able to recover at least some of it.