2020 U.S. Presidential elections

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
18 U.S. Code § 594. Intimidation of voters

Whoever intimidates, threatens, coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, at any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing such candidate, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

On year? If they succeed they win the presidency and potential pardons? They would SO risk that.

It needs to be harsher.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Agreed; there's also a point ...and I believe that Democrats past it somewhere around 09 or 10 or so... where reaching across the aisle is self-defeating.

It only works and is only worthwhile when the people you're reaching out to are willing to reach back.

Republicans aren't, have not been for over a decade now.
I'm going to say it goes even further back, as far back as Newt Gingrich...so, 28 years? That's over a quarter of a century. At some point, a person has to ask themselves if they aren't holding onto an ideal that hasn't existed for a very long time. Any bending that has taken place since that time has been entirely coming from the democratic side as in Clinton's Crime Bill or in Obama not pushing his legislative advantage to force a public option for the ACA.

It's a bittersweet pill, but it is also reality.

As humans, we are known for our ability to adapt. I'm taking liberties with that as it usually involves our physical/mental capabilities, but surely there must be a way for us to adapt to these changing circumstances as well, to forge a better democracy; to find a way to make it work for us all despite obstructionism.

A thorough drubbing at the ballot box might bring them back to the table, but they are putting their fingers on the scales of democracy. What does one do with such recalcitrant and determined opposition; opposition that would sacrifice democracy itself to retain power?

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
It's a blessing for me that I will be working the polls on election night, too busy to lose my mind as the numbers come in. I'm going for a complete communications blackout in between voters. No checking on the phone. Being in the midwest, some of the eastern numbers or exit polls would be coming in.

It would be inappropriate for me to either be jumping in joy or crying as a voter approaches the table. Being professional has to be the order of the day. Since I don't have a poker face (seriously, really really bad) that means no information for me.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
You're a day ahead.

Which at least means you can use the same image tomorrow.
Is he, though or did he just make a mistake due to time zone? Bet he doesn't do that again.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Is he, though or did he just make a mistake due to time zone? Bet he doesn't do that again.
I'm fairly certain Sid is (only) a couple hours ahead of UTC. Meaning it's still Thursday for him - as I write this.

• 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir and Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
You're a day ahead.

Which at least means you can use the same image tomorrow.
My pc says otherwise when I google.
11 days and a bunch of hours until election day.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
By the way, a Dutch ethical hacker has hacked The Real Donalds Twitter account again.
The genius had a mega safe password: maga2020!
The hacker was in the account after seven attempts. No two phase security activated.
The Donald should rename his account into @therealgenius.
:rolleyes:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Those bunch of hours are part of a day. Mathematically speaking.
When I had 8 year olds in my class I would say it is 12 more sleeping times before ...........
But there are only 11 full days to go. I'm certain of that.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
When I had 8 year olds in my class I would say it is 12 more sleeping times before ...........
But there are only 11 full days to go. I'm certain of that.
Alright, y'all are making me consult my calendar. I didn't want to bother with that, but you're forcing me.

13, counting today.

Wait, Sid said 11, right? And Free said, off by a day, meaning 12. Why am I counting 13? You're not counting election day itself? I guess that makes sense...so Free is officially correct. 12 days until the witching hour.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
And now I'm just angry for gaining a day.

• 2ROFL
Reactions: Jolene Benoir and Sid