2020 U.S. Presidential elections

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
My personal guess is Turkey. Extradition treaty or not, Erdogan has no reason to extradite him given the current extradition tiff with the U.S., and once he (inevitably) tires of Trump he'll have a bargaining chip with both the U.S. and whoever else is willing to bargain for him. Using the Kurds as an enforcer/blackmail backstop, he can also milk Trump's assets, hidden money and influence as a "protection fee".until the guy is no longer useful. At that point, the U.S. will be able to get him back with a fighter jet or missile deal to further suppress the Kurds, again ruining the American reputation with that forced deal.

He'd walk right into it like a bumpkin fresh off the turrnip truck, fool that he is. It's about time he got some up close and personal experience with how dictatorships really work.

Last edited:

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
He's rich
He'll get away with it -all of it.
Calling it now.

[ETA]See also Roger Stone, Michael Cohen
Rich or not, I agree. He'll hole up in Mar-a-loogie, tweet like mad, rile up his remaining crazy supporters to the point that they'll go all Columbine if federal marshals bring rumpus into custody.

Like Obama with Shrub Jr, the Biden administration will probably parlay going after Trump away for bi-partisan support on the first thing they want to push through congress, and that will be game set match for any chance of bringing the ass clown to justice.

Monica Dream

Welcome Year Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
Like Obama with Shrub Jr, the Biden administration will probably parlay going after Trump away for bi-partisan support on the first thing they want to push through congress, and that will be game set match for any chance of bringing the ass clown to justice.
That didn't even occur to me -and yes, it seems depressingly likely. 😭

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
He's rich
He'll get away with it -all of it.
Calling it now.

[ETA]See also Roger Stone, Michael Cohen
IMHO He has so many depts to pay back the upcoming years, he somehow will be taken care off, if the USA doesn't put him safely away in jail.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Monica Dream

Monica Dream

Welcome Year Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
IMHO He has so many depts to pay back the upcoming years, he somehow will be taken care off, if the USA doesn't put him safely away in jail.
That is definately a factor.
The biggest factor is class -is wealth. He's too wealthy and "it would look bad" to prosecute a former president ...to hold him accountable in the way that any of the rest of us would be.

Trump will be just fine.

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I don't think that certain money lenders will be so considered. I'm not talking about the German bank, but the oligarchs in other countries he owes money to in a big scale.
They have other 'business practices' than suing in court, when you don't pay when their money is due for pay back.

Last edited:

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
You may be onto something, Jopsy.

I can't find it now (of course), but I read an oped yesterday in the NYTimes which tried to caution against the Democrats prosecuting too many targets after Jan. 20. If we indict every single former Trump admin official who was corrupt, it risks looking like over reach to the general voting public. It could backfire on Biden's administration and the party in 2022.

I think it's a definite possibility. Biden's campaign is supposed to about healing, and while I personally think the best way to heal is to jail the crooks and start over, I also think the next administration will be more focused on dealing with the pandemic and jobs than in dragging a crooked ex-Pres through a media circus of a trial.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I don't think that certain money lenders will be so considered. I'm not talking about the German bank, but the oligarchs in other countries he owes money to in a big scale.
They have other 'business practices' than suing in court, when you don't pay when their money is due for pay back.
"This is a nice golf course you got here, Mr. Trump ... reallllll nice. Be a shame if something was to, you know, happen to it."

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
"This is a nice golf course you got here, Mr. Trump ... reallllll nice. Be a shame if something was to, you know, happen to it."
"Nice views from under hole nine as well indeed"
"Two broken arms, only six fingers and a cracked skull would be a real pro handicap, wouldn't it?"
"Interested in another cup of tea sir? It's mr. Navalny's favorite brand."

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Good thing there are still state courts. New York doesn’t lose anything by prosecuting.
What if Trump steps down the day before Biden's inauguration "because of severe mental problems", and Pence is sworn in as 46, only to give 45 a general pardon?

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
What if Trump steps down the day before Biden's inauguration "because of severe mental problems", and Pence is sworn in as 46, only to give 45 a general pardon?
Federal pardons for federal crimes. New York just passed a law clarifying that a federal pardon does not stop state prosecution.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
"Nice views from under hole nine as well indeed"
"Two broken arms, only six fingers and a cracked skull would be a real pro handicap, wouldn't it?"
"Interested in another cup of tea sir? It's mr. Navalny's favorite brand."
Unless they have MUCH bigger fish to fry, I don't think they make him dead.

There's an old business joke: If you owe the bank $100, you have a problem. If you owe the bank $100,000,000, the bank has a problem.

They're much better off just making life very, very miserable for him until he coughs up a lot of money. Then he'll find out their "interest policy" is a bit more creative than those of standard institutions and that he isn't done paying -- and never will be.

All bets are off if they can get to any of the kids, though.

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Florida looks like an advertising turd on that map.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Your weekly reminder not to trust poll numbers.

Trump voters are intentionally telling surveys they intend to vote for Biden in hopes of creating another surprise come-from-behind win for Trump in the face of all the polls showing him losing, just like what happened in 2016 except maybe even bigger. As Trump fans' entire ontology revolves around eschewing acting in good faith, you'd have to be nuts to believe they're answering surveys honestly.