2020 U.S. Presidential elections

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Please and hallelujah...on election night if at all possible. Yes, I want you to face justice but at this point I'd rather you cause less destruction here at home.
Does Antarctica have an extradition treaty with the U.S.? I can't imagine anywhere else wanting the ugly orange flush-nugget. Likely Russia will just laugh and drop him like a used condom rather than welcome his disgraced gelatinous bulk across their borders.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
As of July 31, 2015 these countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,
Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Ashiri and Govi
SL Rez
SLU Posts
As of July 31, 2015 these countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,
Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.
That list doesn't have North Korea on it but that would be my choice for him.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Does Antarctica have an extradition treaty with the U.S.? I can't imagine anywhere else wanting the ugly orange flush-nugget. Likely Russia will just laugh and drop him like a used condom rather than welcome his disgraced gelatinous bulk across their borders.
Antarctica isn't a country. Half a dozen countries claimed territory there a century or so ago, based on their explorations. The Antarctic Treaty of 1961 set the continent aside as a scientific preserve and banned military activity.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

So probably the Emirates or one of the other kingdoms around there, though if you have to hole up somewhere, you could do worse than the Maldives.

He'd fit right in somewhere like Kazakhstan, though, or one of the other former Soviet Central Asian republics.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
As of today, 26 million people have voted, which is 18.8% of the total from 2016. FiveThirtyEight shows Biden ahead 10.6% in the polling averages, which is the highest number this year (52.4 to 41.8%). I've gotten multiple calls, texts, and paper mailings encouraging me to vote (I already did), and my neighbors on NextDoor are encouraging each other to go vote, posting how long the lines are, etc. Exactly one person posted she's not voting because they're both the same, and she got buried with about 35 replies, the poor dear. So it seems the get-out-the-vote efforts are working and enthusiasm is high.

Last edited:

Spirits Rising

Voice of Reason/Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Here's a far better idea: He loses? He gets placed under a variant of House Arrest, set to expire after he is taken into proper custody. all of his accounts frozen, passports revoked ... The whole nine yards.

In short - It should be set up so that he is utterly incapable of running away.

He can face the music or he can try to breathe soil. Those should be his only options.

Last edited:

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Antarctica isn't a country.
Wasn't even remotely serious. He almost certainly wouldn't flee to any place that didn't have 5 star accommodations staffed by white, English-speaking minions fawning over him.

though I relish the idea of him in a 'golden throne' equipped outhouse screaming for help because his sweaty ass has frost-welded itself to the sub-zero metal...

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
So probably the Emirates or one of the other kingdoms around there, though if you have to hole up somewhere, you could do worse than the Maldives.

He'd fit right in somewhere like Kazakhstan, though, or one of the other former Soviet Central Asian republics.
He has golf courses in Dubai.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Where could he go where he'd be safe from his creditors?
:qft:

Trump is essentially bankrupt. He doesn't have enough assets to cover his enormous billion dollar debt, possibly not even enough to pay off the first payment coming due. I can see any number of countries offering safe haven if he was wealthy, but who is going to provide him a bolt hole when he is being followed by Russian mafia collectors? Would you take a check from this man?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Monica Dream

Welcome Year Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
He's rich
He'll get away with it -all of it.
Calling it now.

[ETA]See also Roger Stone, Michael Cohen

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Monica Dream

Welcome Year Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts

Trump is essentially bankrupt. He doesn't have enough assets to cover his enormous billion dollar debt, possibly not even enough to pay off the first payment coming due. I can see any number of countries offering safe haven if he was wealthy, but who is going to provide him a bolt hole when he is being followed by Russian mafia collectors? Would you take a check from this man?
I was reading a thread on /r/politics that made an interesting point. Part of the reason trump is likely to get away with it is that while he may never pay them back alive, they won't get shit if he's dead.

I'm not sure if I agree with the logic, but I thought it was an interesting point.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

More on his financial situation -- that we know of -- here

However, we don't know how much money is hidden in secret accounts or properties owned by anonymous shell companies -- I'd be astonished if he's not been stashing dark money away for decades, and all the federal and foreign funds he's fed into the Trump Organisation over the last 4 years must have gone somewhere.

• 1Interesting
  • 1Disagree
Reactions: Beebo Brink and Govi

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
I was reading a thread on /r/politics that made an interesting point. Part of the reason trump is likely to get away with it is that while he may never pay them back alive, they won't get shit if he's dead.
Monetary payback is less of an issue while Trump is in office and providing political support for Putin's agenda, or at least being a disruptive force that undermines the U.S. in general. But once he's out of office, Trump's usefulness takes quite a ding. Who is willing to fund his asylum? What would they get out of it?

If the Dems take control of Congress, Trump pretty much has to skip the country to escape legal and criminal proceedings. I'm curious to see who take him.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
However, we don't know how much money is hidden in secret accounts or properties owned by anonymous shell companies -- I'd be astonished if he's not been stashing dark money away for decades, and all the federal and foreign funds he's fed into the Trump Organisation over the last 4 years must have gone somewhere.
That would be the rational precaution of a corrupt person who is sane. Trump is not that person. First, he doesn't plan that far ahead, he has poor impulse control, and he is emotional incapable of believing that he is capable of failure. If he has money, he spends it; looking as if he's rich is much more important than actually being rich. I would be astonished if he has the foresight and self-discipline to stash money away, money he could be using for even more ostentatious displays of his supposed wealth.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That would be the rational precaution of a corrupt person who is sane. Trump is not that person. First, he doesn't plan that far ahead, he has poor impulse control, and he is emotional incapable of believing that he is capable of failure. If he has money, he spends it; looking as if he's rich is much more important than actually being rich. I would be astonished if he has the foresight and self-discipline to stash money away, money he could be using for even more ostentatious displays of his supposed wealth.
He's been involved with Russian dark money for decades, and over the last 4 years he's been involved in arms deals to middle eastern states. Both those activities are traditionally associated with very well-hidden, anonymous and hard-to-trace payoffs, which will have found their way into Trump's various tax returns or publicly available records only if he's wanted them to.

My impression is that Trump enjoys spending other people's money, not his own.