2020 U.S. Presidential elections

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
You don't have TikTok blocked, do you?
I don't have anything blocked.
I'm not even sure where that option is in Safari mobile.
Funny, when I chose share and paste the link into a new window it works. Go figure.

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
That has to be possibly the best answer to his threats to protesters; deny him the opportunity for a beatdown AND deny him those seats in the auditorium. Great job by the kids.
Best part is, they didn't actually deny anyone a seat, they just created an illusion that only the first 2% to arrive would get seated inside.

If someone didn't get a seat, it's because they choose to stay home instead! :)

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Uhboy.

Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s an — a very important meaning.

I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times. All of a sudden, I’m president of the United States. You know the story. I’m riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, ‘This is great. But I didn’t know very many people in Washington. It wasn’t my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody, and I have great people in the administration.”

You make some mistakes. Like, you know, an idiot like Bolton. All he wanted to do was drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Uhboy.

His brain is mush. I, personally, have not forgotten that he has stated that, should he be elected to a second term, he fully intends to go after SS.

A President feels much more free to pursue their agenda when not facing re-election. I can only imagine the evil that he would do, given what he's already done in his first term. Prior to his election, I knew he would be bad, but holy hell, he has made all of my fevered imaginings as to what his term would look like as if I was a babe in the woods with no idea of just how bad it would be.

Grey Mars

His brain is mush. I, personally, have not forgotten that he has stated that, should he be elected to a second term, he fully intends to go after SS.

A President feels much more free to pursue their agenda when not facing re-election. I can only imagine the evil that he would do, given what he's already done in his first term. Prior to his election, I knew he would be bad, but holy hell, he has made all of my fevered imaginings as to what his term would look like as if I was a babe in the woods with no idea of just how bad it would be.
We're still alive. Well, most of us anyway. So that at least has been better than my honest expectations of his first 4 years.

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Another sad clown poll for Trump.

After weeks of protests against police brutality and racism, and amid a renewed spike in coronavirus cases, the number of voters disapproving of the job President Trump is doing is at an all-time high, a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds.

Trump's approval rating sits at just 40% overall, while a record 58% disapprove.

What's more, a whopping 49% of voters "strongly disapprove" of the job Trump is doing. That kind of intensity of disapproval is a record never before seen for this president or any past one.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

I notice there's no mention of his wonderful ACA-replacement health plan. Not even a vague boast.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I notice there's no mention of his wonderful ACA-replacement health plan. Not even a vague boast.
You mean as he argues that the ACA should be destoyed in the middle of a pandemic? I keep being bewildered at the cruelty. It's one thing to steal everything but the kitchen sink, it's another thing entirely to punish/take away from the poor. If you consider that the goal is to enrich themselves by any means, punishing the poor isn't required to achieve their goal.

I know that there are "religious" underpinnings to some of it, especially with many people being brought up being taught the "prosperity doctrine" every Sunday, the whole poor people are people are poor because they are bad idea, bootstraps and so on, but a lot of these folks are older and Trump himself is about as religious as a snake.

Last edited:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
You mean as he argues that the ACA should be destoyed in the middle of a pandemic? I keep being bewildered at the cruelty. It's one thing to steal everything but the kitchen sink, it's another thing entirely to punish/take away from the poor. If you consider that the goal is to enrich themselves by any means, punishing the poor isn't required to achieve their goal.
The goal is punish Obama. The poor are just collateral damage.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Straight out of Erdogan's and Putin's playbooks.

ETA: And Fox's Lara Logan has some proof for him:

Fuckin hoaxes, how do they work?

Last edited:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Straight out of Erdogan's and Putin's playbooks.

ETA: And Fox's Lara Logan has some proof for him:

Fuckin hoaxes, how do they work?
Doesn’t look like Lara there has much grasp of a few other things either: sarcasm, parody, outright trolling. 😂

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The goal is punish Obama. The poor are just collateral damage.
As petty as he is, I can also believe that it's the American people he wants to punish, at least those that, as he said to Hannity, don't love him enough.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts