2020 U.S. Presidential elections

bubblesort

Some of Kanye Trump's petition signatures are fakes:

There are always a few bad ones. When you petition like this, some people just sign Mickey Mouse because they are trying to be funny, or trying to sabotage you. When I collected signatures for the Democrats, I tried to check to make sure this didn't happen, but I know it's a mathematical certainty that a few probably got past me, and were never caught, because the signatures aren't really scrutinized that hard. My Republican friends who petition have the same experience. When you are a third party, though, the municipal officials you give the petitions to are either Republicans or Democrats, so they put those documents under an electron microscope. Every single signature has to be perfect or they throw it out. I never petitioned for a third party, but this drives my libertarian and green friends insane.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Last edited:

bubblesort

I am a Oklahoma Bernie delegate after all. I do not know how or why because I trailed in the voting. My guess is people dropped out. Soon I will have to make decisions.
Congratulations! Don't worry about the vote, some of the best leaders got where they are because they got up to use the bathroom at a meeting so the other people stuck them with the job, LOL

I hear the whole thing is digital this year, so they are telecommuting you in, right?

• 1Like
Reactions: Ranma Tardis

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I am so thoroughly disgusted! How could I have been so blind my whole life not to realize what despicable assholes white people are.

I wish I could say I am shocked, but....

In 53 years, every person who ever hurt me was white; every jibe, every bit of harassment, every abuse... And I'm freaking white as a sheet [and 100% euro-stock :( ]. Other groups of people have all treated me better on average. But any time a group of people think they are more special, I guess at least a majority will take it out on others.

ETA: I -know- its worse for people even more obviously 'other' than me...

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez

In 53 years, every person who ever hurt me was white; every jibe, every bit of harassment, every abuse... And I'm freaking white as a sheet [and 100% euro-stock :( ]. Other groups of people have all treated me better on average. But any time a group of people think they are more special, I guess at least a majority will take it out on others.

This reminds me of when my company acquired a company in NYC... I couldn't help but notice that all the non white immigrants were sweet as pie, and all of the assholes were white people who were born there... I guess that's why they say anti immigrant sentiment is strongest in places that have no immigrants. Diverse areas want them to stay.

I almost say I have been hurt by non white people... but I am not sure that I have now that I think about it. Working in retail, I witnessed a lot of thefts performed by non white people, but I think they were almost always caused by economics, not maliciousness... Whenever a customer was just mean for no reason, they seem to always be white...

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

What is so infuriating is that this is after George Floyd”s murder, after BLM in the streets. I thought white ppl had had the scales dropped from their eyes.

WTF does it take?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
What is so infuriating is that this is after George Floyd”s murder, after BLM in the streets. I thought white ppl had had the scales dropped from their eyes.

WTF does it take?
I'll be blunt - the ones who care but didn't really notice how bad it was, did have the scales dropped. And most that do care already knew it was this bad. Otherwise, well...

I knew this woman years ago. She wasn't all that clever, or skilled, and didn't have the best life. To feel good about it, she'd go after anyone she felt she could, which pretty much was kicking down, not punching up. Really toxic person to be around.

A lot of the ones who don't care are that type, I think, or else the 'I got mine, so feck off' sorts, but I think they are just the same type, with more outward success.

In a way, I feel sorry for them, but then I think that my dad had a hard life and never took it out on others, and my life, while not bad, hasn't been great, either, and I don't think I kick down... it certainly doesn't make me feel good to do so.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So...2020.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That might have to be posted every freaking day. We need to know what Blumenthal knows.
The threat to U.S. elections is real, and frightening. The public has a right to know.