2020 U.S. Presidential elections

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Pistols at 10 paces.

This is an interesting read, I was not aware of what they did in the event of a electoral college tie. Also, based on this, it looks like the house could elect a Democrat President and the senate could elect a Republican Vice President. It's happened in states before with the Governor and Lieutenant Governor but I was not aware that it could happen with the President/Vice President in a federal election.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

danielravennest

SLU Posts
In the further adventures of the lawyers that couldn't shoot straight:

An affidavit filed by President Trump’s legal team intended to prove voter fraud in Michigan apparently used data taken from counties in Minnesota, the latest in a series of embarrassing missteps that have made Mr. Trump’s uphill legal fight even steeper.
Back in the real world, states are starting to certify their elections, including Georgia just now. At this point 11 states are done accounting for 98 electoral votes. Battleground states Arizona, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are due to finish between Nov 23rd & Dec 1st. All states are supposed to finish by Dec 8th, but some may be a bit late. The Electoral College casts their ballots on Dec 14th, but once enough state elections are certified, you will know who will win for certain.

GSA Administrator Murphy is running out of time to do her job. Two House committees are now demanding an explanation why she hasn't started the official transition. None of Trump's legal cases have had any effect and no evidence of widespread problems have been presented.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
but once enough state elections are certified, you will know who will win for certain.
I already know for certain who will win. The question is, will someone, despite the level of incompetence in his actions, be able to steal that win from him?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I already know for certain who will win. The question is, will someone, despite the level of incompetence in his actions, be able to steal that win from him?
Let me rephrase that. The GSA Administrator would no longer have any basis to claim the election is still uncertain. She doesn't really have any basis now, but can still claim a recount or court challenge *might* affect the results, however small the chance.

My personal opinion is every day of delay in getting the Biden administration up to speed on the pandemic is a couple of thousand more people dead. So even if the odds were 50/50 on him winning, you are only risking a few million in expenses, some temporary office space, and access to officials and background checks for a month or so until a result was final. If it went the other way and Trump won, he hasn't lost anything, because he hasn't *done* anything for months about the pandemic. Hell, he's made it worse in multiple ways.

Given the odds are 99.9%+, we are well past the point she should have signed off on it.