2020 Republican Ticket

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I think he's going to put Ivanka on his ticket instead.....
Yes, I laughed, but... the thought of Nikki Haley on the GOP ticket as VP to Trump, that does not amuse. That's cause for concern on so many different levels. It strengthens the ticket AND it makes the thought of a 2nd Trump term so much more dangerous. If anything happened to Trump -- which given his poor health is almost inevitable -- Haley as president would give me nightmares.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Why would she accept the job, though?

I mean, what's the advantage for her? If he wins, God forbid, what does she get in return for enduring the purgatory of working for him?

A crack at the presidency, presumably, but unless she's banking on his dying pretty early on in his second term, I'm not at all sure that, come 2024, she'll find running for the presidency terribly easy when she's so firmly associated with the previous incumbent and the mess he's left behind him.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Just like one of the Trump kids is going to end up The Biggest Loser in the game of Will Reading, the old man knows He has only so much time left so of COURSE one of His own must assume the Throne for the Greater Glory of Donald J Trump.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Pence has been very good for him. He mostly knows to shut up and be subservient to the orange one. Pence is also evil in his quieter way.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Pence has been very good for him. He mostly knows to shut up and be subservient to the orange one. Pence is also evil in his quieter way.
Agreed, I hate Pence, but I got to tip my hat to the fact that Pence seems to know how to work for an outrageously difficult boss...

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Pence and the word "smart" rarely appear in the same sentence. Maybe it's more like a survival instinct and there's simply not enough brain activity to interfere with his naturally sycophantic reflexes.
It's all comparative. There have been so many people the orange one has fired. As I am sure you will agree the orange is stupid. Pence as horrific as he is, isn't so dumb to repeat a lot of orange's mistakes. He has stayed in line surely in the hope orange dies or something. He could be much more dangerous.

• 1Agree
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Aeon Jiminy

Why would she accept the job, though?

I mean, what's the advantage for her? If he wins, God forbid, what does she get in return for enduring the purgatory of working for him?

A crack at the presidency, presumably, but unless she's banking on his dying pretty early on in his second term, I'm not at all sure that, come 2024, she'll find running for the presidency terribly easy when she's so firmly associated with the previous incumbent and the mess he's left behind him.
I'd like to have something more than gut feeling about this, but when I googled it and saw how quickly this story is spreading, it made me want to vomit. Republicans never seem conflicted about where their loyalties are. Trump and Haley were rivals , but she stepped up when he called. This match of Trump/ Haley would neuter any novelty of having a woman ( of color?) on the Democratic ticket. Haley would be an effective attack dog against someone like Elizabeth Warren. On a debate stage, nobody is going to accuse her of being "sexist". Checkmate. Republicans seem to really admire her. Sigh, she comes off as authentic and credible :cry:. She's someone to be feared and she knows it. I can't help but see this as an unfortunate possible development in the election.

Zaida Gearbox

Yes, I laughed, but... the thought of Nikki Haley on the GOP ticket as VP to Trump, that does not amuse. That's cause for concern on so many different levels. It strengthens the ticket AND it makes the thought of a 2nd Trump term so much more dangerous. If anything happened to Trump -- which given his poor health is almost inevitable -- Haley as president would give me nightmares.
Do any of us actually know how poor Dump Truck's health is or isn't? I seem to remember a fair number of this group - including myself - predicting he would rage himself into a stroke within a year. Yet, he's still here.

I don't know enough about Nikki Haley to have an opinion on her.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
His face has a healthy blush......
One of the people who used to live here turned bright red the day he died of a heart attack.

I would guess the best doctors available are doing what they can to keep him alive - it’s their duty - but I can’t see inevitable fate waiting for long.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
It's a race between the cheeseburger, the Russian bullet [so he won't talk], and the Iranian car bomb. Good way to dodge living in a federal court room for the rest of his life.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer