2020 Democratic Primary

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
*rubs temples*

The more I read about this woman, the more I'm thinking that she has a mental disease, perhaps borderline personality disorder. I don't know, but I do know that accounts from many different people and institutions she has interacted with indicate that she is definitely a pathological liar.

Aeon Jiminy

This seems backwards. I think Sanders should have signed an agreement with his supporters that he wasn't going to throw them under the bus again. I'm sure his actions will please a lot of people. He was once a revolutionary leader. Now he's an Assistant Den Mother to The Task Force Scouts passing out badges for good behavior. I fully expect him to rocking a white pantsuit and a pussy hat by summer.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Just for a handful of silver he left us,
Just for a riband to stick in his coat—
Found the one gift of which fortune bereft us,
Lost all the others she lets us devote;

[....]

Blot out his name, then, record one lost soul more,
One task more declined, one more footpath untrod,
One more devils'-triumph and sorrow for angels,
One wrong more to man, one more insult to God!
Life's night begins: let him never come back to us!
There would be doubt, hesitation and pain,
Forced praise on our part—the glimmer of twilight,
Never glad confident morning again!

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Aeon Jiminy

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., joined by a handful of Democrats, has sponsored a similar piece of legislation in the Senate. The politics of fighting on behalf of jobs is an obvious winner, and Hawley is hoping to exploit Democrats’ failure to do so in an election year.

Swing-District Democrats Link With Progressives to Back Paycheck Bill Pelosi Rejected

Jayapal confronted her on a private caucus conference call over the decision, and Pelosi aides later pushed back, criticizing the measure for not having official legislative text or
Republican co-sponsors.

So this is why we need to vote blue to get Democrats a majority?

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Stuff. And more stuff. And even more stuff.
Perhaps if you rubbed butter in your hair singing your choice of national anthems backwards while posting, I might take you more seriously.

Just a suggestion. It wouldn't even have to be a full-length YouTube video, a simple TikTok would suffice nicely.

Looking forward to it, thanks.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
You know it's only Wipipo "upset" about this, right? Not sure what point you're making other than the Republican party is a bunch of hypocrites if they want to make a big deal out of this. Kind of like Mercedes here:

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
You know it's only Wipipo "upset" about this, right?
Eh, that’s not really true going by my TL. But closer to the truth would be it’s mostly only white people acting like this moves the needle and blowing it out of proportion. This was a gaffe (because Biden) and it was preventable and unnecessary. But black voters aren’t going to be fooled by the hype and faux outrage; they know they have a right to be pissed/exasperated while also knowing the GOP and TYT left don’t actually gaf about the issue.

Meanwhile, Biden does seem to be taking it seriously and addressing it instead of just blowing it off:

SL Rez
SLU Posts
At various points over decades, Biden literally fabricated an entire fictitious career as a civil rights activist. He told audiences he “participated in sit-ins to desegregate movie theaters,” when he did no such thing. Recently he told a black audience an extremely specific story about his involvement in the civil rights movement and his anti-segregation activism. It appears to be entirely made up. He did this over and over, as Shaun King documented. (King’s report is devastating and it’s shocking that it hasn’t gotten more media attention.) Biden said that he was arrested in South Africa on his way to see Nelson Mandela, which also wasn’t true. Lies like this are an insult to the people who actually did put their lives on the line during the Civil Rights and anti-Apartheid struggles, which Biden could have participated in but chose not to. Pretending to have been a civil rights hero is like pretending to have been a decorated soldier: People are honored for this work, and fakers like Biden are trying to take that honor for themselves without having done the work.
Democrats, You Really Do Not Want To Nominate Joe Biden ❧ Current Affairs

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristalle

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
There isn't anything Joe Biden has done which is any worse than any ONE day of Trump's Presidency. I didn't want Biden, but he's who we got. It is what it is. Yes, it most certainly IS down to "anyone but Trump" and that damn well includes Joe Biden.

Let me repeat it...ANYONE BUT TRUMP!

danielravennest

SLU Posts
There isn't anything Joe Biden has done which is any worse than any ONE day of Trump's Presidency. I didn't want Biden, but he's who we got. It is what it is. Yes, it most certainly IS down to "anyone but Trump" and that damn well includes Joe Biden.
What a lot of people miss is that the president fills about 2000 Executive branch positions, plus a bunch of federal judges. I would much rather those positions be filled with qualified people than sycophants, campaign contributors, and flat out idiots. Those people will have a huge impact on the country in total, arguably more than whoever sits in the Oval Office.