2020 Democratic Primary

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
Sal, I'm pretty sure you mean "very small number of people who falsely report sexual assault."

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Salome

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"dispositive"

Oh, Josh...

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I hate predicting the future, but this prediction has some authority behind it: Warren will be Biden's VP pick.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat the curry powder in the back of my condiments cabinet.
That curry powder is looking more like it'll expire before I have to down it as a meal.

Aeon Jiminy

Hillary was better at playing with her food. She managed to string Warren along for multiple campaign appearances. Next time Joe wants Abrams to appear on a news program with him, she's going to tell him to eat a bag of dicks.
That was really some good times. A lot of people questioned whether this was the right move for Warren, but would she be stumping for Joe today if she hadn't have made that bold move? I think not.

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
That curry powder is looking more like it'll expire before I have to down it as a meal.

Suddenly, the senator with all the ideas about remaking the economy seems enticing to the Biden
LOL

Biden isn't interested in remaking the economy.

Warren came in third in her home state, which will vote Biden regardless.

She squandered progressive support. Those who still support her will vote Biden regardless.

Basically, she brings nothing to the table for Biden.

And they don't actually want her to be president. Given his age and mental faculties, his VP pick will be someone they want to become president.

Aeon Jiminy

Biden seems to following the Hillary Clinton playbook for elections. He's going to need a VP that appears less charismatic, weaker, and whose hair is not sniffable. If I was looking for the 2020 version of Tim Kaine, I'd pick Amy Klobuchar. She seems to send the right message to voters, which is zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Cristalle

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
It'll be Gretchen Whitmer, Gov of Michigan. Her father was CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, and BCBS helped fund her election campaign to defeat the guy who was running on essentially Bernie Sanders's platform, and then she put the current BCBS CEO on her transition team. So of course Biden will pick her.

To most of the world it will look like a sensible choice, an effort to win back a formerly blue state that Hillary lost. But the Trumpers despise Whitmer (see news of the stay-at-home protests and the recall effort), and the people Joe actually needs to win over in Michigan, the progressives who voted for her opponent, aren't on board the BCBS train.

Trump is not a fan, so she's got that going for her.

Unless there's a female Senator or Governor who is tied to banking, he'll pick one that is tied to health insurance. I admit I don't know much about Klobuchar. And remember he's said he's willing to pick a Republican as a running mate. But my money is on Whitmer, the governor of BCBS, to be the running mate of the senator from MBNA.

Last edited:

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Testing my own theory.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
*rubs temples*

Reade told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a "protected program," personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.

Presented with this, Karen Hamilton, an Antioch University spokesperson, told CNN that "Alexandra McCabe attended but did not graduate from Antioch University. She was never a faculty member. She did provide several hours of administrative work."

An Antioch University official told CNN that such a "protected program" does not exist and never has.