20 dead at Santa Anita racetrack

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I hope that headline got your attention.

Santa Anita racetrack has 20th horse death, with filly euthanized after serious injury
A famed Southern California thoroughbred track had its 20th horse death in just over two months after a 4-year-old filly suffered a serious injury during a race on Saturday.

Eskenforadrink injured her right foreleg and was euthanized, the California Horse Racing Board said.

The death comes just days after the park reopened its main track following a rash of 19 horse deaths.
20 deaths in 2 months. One of the few times I have to side with PETA.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I really love horses, so it makes me sad when one is so senselessly injured like that, especially when they have to be put down. I don't really know how I feel about horse racing. As long as the horses are treated properly, it should be okay, though racing them does expose them to the risk of injury. Still, there is something very wrong with the Santa Anita facilities. It's exceedingly rare that I agree with PETA, but I do in this case.

Sid

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Animals preforming in a sport always do that against their will.
They have no choice. Boss man wants a medal, a trophy and or a pile of cash. The animals get the cruel training methodes and whipped at performances.
Same goes for circus animals.
It is legalized animal abuse. But, but, but.... they are so cute to see. :sick:

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale