EEP! Windlight settings for -parcels-!

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
EEP is Out! Introducing the Environmental Enhancement Project

Been waiting for this for years, and been using the release candidate with EEP for a while now.
Seems like a reasonably sane implementation.

I'm gonna have to find more video's from Izzy Linden, her intro to EEP video (on the page linked above) made me giggle several times. :)

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mainland Love

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
The EEP video is a wonderful example of why SL just has horrible, horrible marketing for people that are not in SL (and even for some that are).
That ultrasonic-pitch voice....thing is horrible. Anybody who doesn't know SL would look at that promotional material, stare and go "WTF is this hit" before just closing it a few seconds in and not even caring what they just saw.
And if it is solely aimed at SL people, it makes me question just what they were thinking with choosing that voice. I want Torley back. Seriously.

Stora

SL Rez
The EEP video is a wonderful example of why SL just has horrible, horrible marketing for people that are not in SL (and even for some that are).
That ultrasonic-pitch voice....thing is horrible. Anybody who doesn't know SL would look at that promotional material, stare and go "WTF is this hit" before just closing it a few seconds in and not even caring what they just saw.
And if it is solely aimed at SL people, it makes me question just what they were thinking with choosing that voice. I want Torley back. Seriously.
I love my second life but only managed to listen to that stupid voice for about 30 seconds before closing the clip. :(

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well some TPV developers would disagree with that.
I'm not up on what their concerns are about it... I'm only aware of the wishlist of things I had for mainland parcel windlight feature additions and they got close enough to it that, so far, I'm pretty pleased with it.

And given my current grump at the denizens of earth, I've moved to the moon:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
This feature would be enough for me to consider using the official viewer..... for about five minutes >.>

• 1Like
Reactions: Ces

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
had some freezing problems with the new release... cleared my cache and it seems stable now

I haven't really used a TPV since Emerald went away, figure I should be using what people visiting my particle lab are using to make sure I'm seeing the same thing. :} I don't really mind it

though it still pisses me off that the default LSL editor's cursor placement on the right-hand side of a wide script window seems inaccurate by almost 2 characters at times. UGH.

Adeon Writer

I often find SL tutorials use really bad text-to-speech instead of just, you know, using a microphone.

They've cultivated a user demographic that absolutely despises actual real human speech. They probably figure some cartoony high-pitched voice helps subside that?

Anyway I made it to 6 seconds.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ces

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I thought the voice was both charming and annoying, but it complemented the avatar's appearance and her words. And the humorous presentation of a very nice feature addition was welcome and entertaining.

• 1Disagree
Reactions: OrinB

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I thought the voice was both charming and annoying, but it complemented the avatar's appearance and her words. And the humorous presentation of a very nice feature addition was welcome and entertaining.
The voice was dated, unnerving and incredibly annoying. I get what you mean about the being related to the robot, but the levels were astonishingly directed to manifest my immediate regurgitation reflexes. URgh... subtitles please!!

• 1Agree
  • 1Sad
  • 1Like
Reactions: Ces, Govi and Sean Gorham

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
That voiceover is just plain Not Good. I get they were trying to match up with the avatar, but clarity and non-abrasiveness is a lot more important.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Ces and Cristiano

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
This is the same.voice they use for the little cartoon guy who screws up a lot in the work training videos.

Also on The Masked Singer.

Sovereignty

SL Rez
The intended audience is people already in SL.

I made it all the way through.

It's like a Rohrschach test. Two things I had going for me is are that I knew it would end, and I was interested in what it was talking about. I might use it doing SL photography, but I'll likely have to wait for it to make it to Black Dragon. When will that happen?

I liked "The possibilities are almost mindless."

At least, that's what I thought it said.

Ellen Cordeaux

Lurky Loo
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Inara Pey has a video and info on her site. I haven't watched it yet but I feel certain it's more viewer friendly.

Edited to add: Whoops, the one on her website is the annoying, official one. GAH. But she says she's working on a tutorial and will post it soon.

Last edited:

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Anyone know how long before this will be implemented in Firestorm?