Trump Administration Quietly Trying to Turn us into a Police State

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Let's turn this around: How would this affect the right wing if under a Democratic administration with a Democratic House & Senate? What could have Obama & Pelosi done with George Sauros (spelling?) funding the P.R. for it? Let's work within the architecture of their fear, uncertainty & doubt media golem.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Let's turn this around: How would this affect the right wing if under a Democratic administration with a Democratic House & Senate? What could have Obama & Pelosi done with George Sauros (spelling?) funding the P.R. for it? Let's work within the architecture of their fear, uncertainty & doubt media golem.
I don't think they care because the idea is that there will never be another Democratic administration if they cancel elections.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I don't think they care because the idea is that there will never be another Democratic administration if they cancel elections.
Elections are written into the Constitution. You can't just cancel them.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This is the other boot dropping.

For well over decade after 9/11 there was a 'temporary' trailor-hitch read out parked on the road to the airport: "WARNING: HEIGHTENED SECURITY MEASURES IN EFFECT" sorta like this:

All peddling the notion that the new policies were temporary as part of the 9/11 crisis, despite it being long long past. We all know they aren't temporary.

This is all just political brinksmanship. Criminal neglect leading to emergencies and 'crisis responses' that ram-rod through totalitarian measures. And bit by bit it strips away at the illusion that we have anything but a government of the wealthy for the wealthy.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Elections are written into the Constitution. You can't just cancel them.
Habeas Corpus is written into the Constitution. This bill would cancel it. The Supreme Court is out of session for the near future, at least. If you manage the first, you've already crossed the Rubicon.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Ranma Tardis

Ad Astra per Aspera
SL Rez
I think trump will place the Democratic leadership into "protective custody." It will be in the thousands and include all of the Officers of the Democratic Party.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I think trump will place the Democratic leadership into "protective custody." It will be in the thousands and include all of the Officers of the Democratic Party.
Nothing is too hard to believe now. What if someone catches Biden or Pelosi coughing?

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
This would explain why Trump isn't fighting the pandemic aggressively. Let things get band enough, get Emergency Powers, then take over the government. What I find so ironic is that it's all those MAGA-hat wearers who have been so paranoid about a federal government take-over, but they handed the country over to Trump. I guess it's only the possibility of a liberal take-over that upset them.

Of course, meantime, they get sick and die. Small oversight on their part.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
This would explain why Trump isn't fighting the pandemic aggressively. Let things get band enough, get Emergency Powers, then take over the government. What I find so ironic is that it's all those MAGA-hat wearers who have been so paranoid about a federal government take-over, but they handed the country over to Trump. I guess it's only the possibility of a liberal take-over that upset them.

Of course, meantime, they get sick and die. Small oversight on their part.
I'll be sure to send them thoughts and prayers.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Aren't a police state and martial law the same thing?

I’m not sure how many people here have ever lived under martial law in the US. I did. For months. It’s annoying but not difficult. You generally have designated places you’re allowed to go at given times, with allowances for emergencies. Whoever goes for supplies needs ID. You‘re generally dealing with either national guard or local FD/PD who are actual humans and will generally understand exceptions. There will be the usual concerns about individuals abusing authority which you have everyday in America, but it’s much less dramatic than people seem to think it is. This also allows for the possibility of allowing national guard to set up local supply relief stations so people that need emergency supplies can go to pick them up.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Aren't a police state and martial law the same thing?
It is when appropriate civilian oversight is missing. That’s why the President is a civilian, not that it will do us any good now. We’re clearly in an attempt at a coup.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Essence Lumin