Vote Blue No Matter Who?

Are you planning to vote blue in the general no matter who? Or only if you approve of the candidate?

• No matter who.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • If I approve of the candidate.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Well, at least I don't need to worry about having to pick Bloomberg over Trump.

Wonder if he has found another half-billion among the cushions of his couches to fund the Dem nominee's PAC support?
Although I am not sure the dnc wanting biden is a better scenario. Actually having bloomie stay in would have been better .. siphon votes from biden and low odds he would win. There is a slight danger of a contested convention but otherwise would have been ideal.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Not for the first time, it seems a lot of people claim they don’t want more Trump, but they’re not really afraid of it either.
If Sanders wins the nomination, he gets my vote, because I'm hoping that he cannot possibly be as bad as Trump. If Sanders wins, however, just remember the adage "Be careful what you wish for."

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
If Sanders wins the nomination, he gets my vote, because I'm hoping that he cannot possibly be as bad as Trump. If Sanders wins, however, just remember the adage "Be careful what you wish for."
Coming from that area of the country I have been watching him long before he showed presidential aspirations. Even back then he would have been my choice of a nominee.

• 1Agree

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yep. Kind of like the poll up top. Only more of them here.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Man that SCOTUS gon be lit with a justice who thinks jail is too good for missing a credit card payment.

• 1Thanks

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Has this been posted anywhere yet? Huh? Huh?!

• 1Thanks

Isabeau

Merdeuse

But they could be over in a week or two, if none of that matters and Biden continues mopping up the vote, forcing Sanders supporters like myself to make a hard decision. Do they perfunctorily switch over their votes to the Democratic establishment candidate? (Statistically speaking, the vast majority of Sanders voters went for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016; anecdotally speaking, no one I knew did it with any enthusiasm.) Do they suck it up and go all in for Biden, boosting his candidacy with the same zeal they did Sanders’s in order to avoid a repeat of 2016? Do they bow this one out altogether? Do they cast their vote for a third party candidate, in protest of the choices?

In 2016, when it was assumed by virtually everyone — including President Donald Trump himself — that Clinton was going to win, all of these seemed like reasonable options. In particular, I knew plenty of smart people who publicly announced that they were voting for Hillary but doing so reluctantly, because blah blah blah, as well as a handful who went for third-party candidates like the Green Party’s Jill Stein or (gulp) former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, a libertarian. I admit I talked like this, because I thought there was no way I could be wrong. But in 2020, after four years of an onerous, stressful, dispiriting, and scary Trump presidency, everyone should know better. I’d like to think even the most stubborn leftist, when stared in the eye and asked to drop the rhetoric, would begrudgingly admit that a Hillary Clinton presidency, for all its probable disappointments and centrist concessions, would’ve been vastly better than Trump’s.

bubblesort

Agreed. This is no time for protest votes.

After seeing Pelosi oppose universal cash payments in response to corona, while friends are suffering, I'm out. It's not a protest. The democratic party does not represent me, and they probably don't represent any of you, either. They represent their investors. I'm changing my registration to republican after I vote for Bernie. Bernie will be the only democrat I vote for in the current cycle. He may be the last democrat I ever vote for.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts

After seeing Pelosi oppose universal cash payments in response to corona, while friends are suffering, I'm out. It's not a protest. The democratic party does not represent me, and they probably don't represent any of you, either. They represent their investors. I'm changing my registration to republican after I vote for Bernie. Bernie will be the only democrat I vote for in the current cycle. He may be the last democrat I ever vote for.
I think you'll fit right in with them, since you'll believe just about any random bullshit. Enjoy.

Did US House Speaker Pelosi 'Hold Back' Coronavirus Funding?

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
That's not the universal cash payments issue that you are responding to.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/17/trump-coronavirus-stimulus-package/

Pelosi’s communications director, Drew Hammill, said via Twitter that as Congress considers its next steps, Pelosi believes lawmakers should look at refundable tax credits, expanded unemployment insurance and direct payments but that any such payments “MUST be targeted.”
Not exactly a reason to go Republican, but also not the issue your snopes reference is talking about.

FWIW I'm not exactly opposed to means testing these kinds of things, but

(1) that doesn't actually save a lot of tax payer money
(2) that makes people who actually have power in the USA (the people who have means) oppose it
(3) this particular benefit is stimulus in addition to being protective, so it serves a purpose regardless of means, to a point

Last edited:

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts

Because Christofascism is so much nicer than capitalist liberalism.

I’ll remember you when I’m dying in the homeless work jail with no medical care.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Because Christofascism is so much nicer than capitalist liberalism.

I’ll remember you when I’m dying in the homeless work jail with no medical care.
By the way, receipts in case you think I’m exaggerating:

1) Trump is still suing to end ACA
2) The Republicans are still trying to slash Medicare and Medicaid
3) Trump has been blocked by a judge from work requirements for food stamp recipients (which would force them to work in an epidemic to eat)
4) Trump went to California to talk about converting facilities to warehouse the homeless that would be run by a private prison company - essentially replacing the current concepts of homeless shelters and transitional housing with privately run jails

This is what they want. Oh, and they want to recriminalize homosexuals, which makes a bi atheist like me an enemy of the state just for existing.

Enjoy your Republicans. We know what they are.