Nobody Cares: PRS

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
US readers might be interested to know that preparations for Franklin Graham's planned tour of the UK in May are not going as smoothly as they might:

Thoughts and prayers...

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
US readers might be interested to know that preparations for Franklin Graham's planned tour of the UK in May are not going as smoothly as they might:

Thoughts and prayers...
It’s a freedom of religion issue and also a free speech issue.
If I remember correctly, Franklin's school of thought left Britain for the Liberty available in America because Britain lacked freedom of speech and religion.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
If I remember correctly, Franklin's school of thought left Britain for the Liberty available in America because Britain lacked freedom of speech and religion.
Yep, we wouldn't let them persecute their co-religionists for disagreeing with them, and neither would the Dutch, so they had to head off west.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Yep, we wouldn't let them persecute their co-religionists for disagreeing with them, and neither would the Dutch, so they had to head off west.
Ah yes, the whole shenanigan involving vicar rhyming with liquor, therefore bad.

Vicar isn't a common title for a priest or pastor in the Americas.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Nick Cohen paints a very sobering picture of where European Conservatism, from Boris Johnson's Conservatives in the UK to, in Hungary, Viktor Orbán’s Fidesz are heading.

I'm not sure I agree with his use of the term "fascism" here, since I think that, as least as yet, the European right's thinking and rhetoric lacks features I would suggest are central to classical fascism -- sacralisation of violence and the apocalyptic worldview in which European civilisation is hopelessly corrupted by liberalism, capitalism, rootless cosmopolitans and immigration that it's on the verge of a collapse into anarchy out of which we'll be led by fascism into a state that is purer, more natural, stronger and truer to our authentic national spirit and culture -- a better term for the European parliamentary far right might be "authoritarian populist nationalism" -- but I do agree that they're heading in a very scary direction indeed.

It's a particularly scary direction, to my mind, because it's exactly the direction advocated for the states currently in the EU, as part of their transformation into a Russian dominated Eurasia, by people like Aleksandr Dugin and the rest of President Putin's circle of idealogues, and Dugin and his colleagues certainly are fascists.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Former Chief Executive of Stonewall looks at how public attitudes to gays and lesbians have changed over the last 30 years, and how generally the public have proved to be far less worried about people's sexuality than have media executives.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
If you're talking about the Pilgrims, it's because Britain had too much freedom of religion.

Oh yes, they couldn't handle the freedom of religion in Holland, which was basically the most liberal (for the time) country in Europe.

When they got to the colonies, they proceeded to beat up and kill Quakers for preaching to them.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Ooops! This 737 was landing in Usink, Russia:

According to UTAir, the airline,,

Utair says that a “sharp, unpredictable windshear” occurred during the landing, and that the landing-gear collapsed while the aircraft was on the runway.

“Owing to the prompt and highly professional actions of the crew, the aircraft was able to be kept on the runway until it stopped completely,” the airline says.
But that doesn't seem to really describe what happened:

A UTAir Boeing 737-500, registration VQ-BPS performing flight UT-535 from Moscow Vnukovo to Usinsk (Russia) with 94 passengers and 6 crew, was on final approach to Usinsk's runway 13 at about 12:21L (09:21Z) but touched down hard about 15 meters ahead of paved surface of the runway and went through heaps of snow. Both main gear struts collapsed, the aircraft skidded on its nose gear and belly to a stand still off the runway causing damage to a wing resulting in a fuel spill. No fire broke out. The passengers evacuated via slides and overwing exits. The aircraft received substantial damage. There are claims of one or two injured passengers.
The first video definitely seems to support that the plane landed hard short of the runway, and there's honestly no telling whether the landing gear broke at that point or afterwards; but it is important to note that once the landing gear collapsed, there wasn't really anything the crew could've done to "keep the aircraft on the runway", it's pretty much just holding on for the ride at that point.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It figures Harvey Weinstein would be defended by a smug cow like this.
So, she was born into a hermetically sealed island fortress? How does she lawyer from there?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Does it have a skull volcano? All the best Bond villains have a skull volcano.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna