Australia

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
It's getting downright apocalyptic down there. Like biblically apocalyptic. All that's left is the swarm of locusts.

I really hope things get better for them soon!

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
We get those here, but this is supposed to be that kind of desert. Did the fires expose dust and then the drought kicked it up?

The main things with a haboob are don’t breathe it and don’t drive in it. I’ve had to pull over, I don’t like driving into what I can’t see.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I spoke to an Australian friends yesterday who had just returned to the US from a visit home with his family. He said the smoke from the fires is getting everywhere.
He also said Scott Morrison is an alumnus of the same school he went to, and they're embarrassed about it. No one there can stand him. Sounds familiar....

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
They are voted in office according the rules of their county, so basically you get what you as a country have voted for.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
They are voted in office according the rules of their county, so basically you get what you as a country have voted for.
... unless the Russians (or Chinese, or whoever else can and has a motive) interfere....
Scott Morrison is a lot like 45 so I wonder a bit.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
... unless the Russians (or Chinese, or whoever else can and has a motive) interfere....
I personally think that there a lot of people in every country stupid enough to vote for the wrong party/person without much foreign interference.
Have short slogans that can be heard at any birthday party, wedding or funeral, stick to them, don't discuss, blame the classic media for spreading fake news and spread yours all over social media. That's how to win elections these days. Just the right spin doctors.

And of course the foreign opponents will put some oil on the fire wherever they can. But they are not the cause.

• 1Agree
Reactions: OrinB

Luisa Land

I agree with Sid

Australia and the Australians dont need the interference of a foreign country.
They have R.Murdoch's newspapers, which are already doing a good job of changing the way many Australians look at the world.
and set the mood which candidates to vote for their government. (like they did a few months ago electing Scott Morrison a well known climate-change denier)

for example The Australian: Murdoch-owned newspaper accused of downplaying bushfires in favour of picnic races

or Murdoch's flagship Australian newspaper pushes climate denial as devastating bushfires rage

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

The camera is inside another fire truck. Apparently fire trucks have a kind of automatic emergency sprinkler system that douses the truck with water in a situation like this. Still horrific, though.