Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Sounds like bible quote but apparently is not - otherwise google would have found it
I am trying to figure out what to soothe my eyeballs from first. Grammar/spelling mistakes (a men?), grade school photoshopping, or TERRIBLE kerning.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
My thought as well this morning. The agreement for the UN being here was diplomats could come and go.
Very possibly deliberate. Rump's been wanting the UN our of NY for a while. Something to do with his properties, aside from other things. He wouldn't mind if they left the country either.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Very possibly deliberate. Rump's been wanting the UN our of NY for a while. Something to do with his properties, aside from other things. He wouldn't mind if they left the country either.
He cannot afford buying the land without them leaving? I doubt a leaving UN will drive prices up - quite contary.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
He cannot afford buying the land without them leaving? I doubt a leaving UN will drive prices up - quite contary.
I don't think he wanted to buy the land the UN is on; iirc it had to do with some project of his in the vicinity. I think this dated breaking to when he was just a bullying dishonest loudmouth real estate "mogul". I've got too much of a headache to look it up right now.
Of course any criticism of him since he stole the election didn't help.

• 1Thanks

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
He is afraid of TMA-1 and it is after 2010? :)

[TMA-1, also known as the Monolith, is that black thing in 2001 found on the moon with the dimensions 1x4x9. Clarke in an interview said he did not realize at the time it was close to the dimensions of the UN building. In the next book he mentioned it was put up in front of said building.]

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Trump has a condo tower, the Trump World Tower, that's right across the plaza from the UN HQ. The UN being there is what made the property value as high as it is. According to Wiki, a ton of Russians and the Saudi UN mission own condos in it. If the UN leaves, the building is pointless.

• 1Thanks

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I am trying to figure out what to soothe my eyeballs from first. Grammar/spelling mistakes (a men?), grade school photoshopping, or TERRIBLE kerning.
I'm still trying to work out why Trump is pictured there scowling and squatting on top of a life-sized stuffed toy lion (unless it's real one his sons have just shot), as if suffering from severe constipation, while wrapped up in a US flag to keep warm.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm still trying to work out why Trump is pictured there scowling and squatting on top of a life-sized stuffed toy lion (unless it's real one his sons have just shot), as if suffering from severe constipation, while wrapped up in a US flag to keep warm.
Well, you know, it's all those hamberders. And I'm sure the covfefe isn't helping.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
It's an alegory.

The lion is an old symbol for Jesus. The flag is also used to shroud fallen officials.

This picture clearly says "Trump sacrificed christian values because he is emotionaly dead."

Yay all those lectures on medieval literature I took in university finally pay off!*

*if this sounds like totaly made up BS to you: it is! But it is not worse than most forced tries to project modern society's values on medieval literature, believe me I read worse in "scentific" papers on literature...

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
US Republicans wearing the flag is pretty normal now unfortunately.

• 1Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.