House Formally Launches Impeachment Inquiry

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
This Twitter thread, while I'm afraid to have hope, did make me feel a little better. At least there are some Republicans out there who see Cheetoführer for what he is and want him removed. Now if only there were enough in Congress....

Last edited:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The hate coming from Republicans in the House, although not a surprise, is staggering.

Also, the overblown rhetoric.

Is he saying, since Dear Leader us being impeached, that the Republicans are going to impeach future Democratic presidents it of pure spite?
Is anyone swallowing this?

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
The hate coming from Republicans in the House, although not a surprise, is staggering.

Also, the overblown rhetoric.

Is he saying, since Dear Leader us being impeached, that the Republicans are going to impeach future Democratic presidents it of pure spite?

that actually makes perfect sense

an old German proverb goes "Mitgefangen - mitgehangen" - rougly translated as "caught along - hung along"

Pence seems involved deep enough into the Ukraine incident to be dragged down as well.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I couldn't watch today's "debate" for longer than about 15 minutes. It's just a long line of people walking up to the microphone and bellowing the same script back and forth at each other over and over and over again. I pity whoever chose to listen to that all day long since it started. I'll wait for Cortana to tell me the articles passed.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
4 votes to record and he is impeached

• 1Like

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Important info for the inevitable republicans around online smugly insisting that the people aren't 'strong enough' or 'smart enough' to get him removed after impeachment and acquittal will exonerate him for the masses:
No sitting US president has been removed from impeachment. That doesn't mean Nixon didn't get turned into a joke at best and a vile corpuscle at worst in the history books.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Now the Senate will pretend to have a trial and exonerate him.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Important info for the inevitable republicans around online smugly insisting that the people aren't 'strong enough' or 'smart enough' to get him removed after impeachment and acquittal will exonerate him for the masses:
No sitting US president has been removed from impeachment. That doesn't mean Nixon didn't get turned into a joke at best and a vile corpuscle at worst in the history books.
Yes, the fact is we just do not have much history to look at. In living memory there are only 3 even potential ones and nixon resigned before the voting even started. With Clinton it was pure politics. Opinion on it was 2 to 1 against unlike around 50% now. While having an affair and lying about it does deserve censure because of the power dynamic the rest should really have been between him and Hillary.

Even limiting it to modern presidents with most impeachment has not even been discussed, much less done.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
It would be funny if the house just decided to never pass it on to the senate since they know they'll just find him not guilty anyway.
A lot of serious people have been advocating some version of this since Impeachment started. I agree with them.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
The difference is that Nixon would have been removed. That is why he resigned.

The senate has no plans to hold an impartial hearing. They have announced they will coordinate with the White House, ignoring not just their oath as Senators, but the new and separate oath they'd have to take to run the trial. They literally are admitting to having no honor.

I would like to see the House censure him and go no further under these circumstances. Leave him impeached. Don't give him an acquittal.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Yes, the fact is we just do not have much history to look at. In living memory there are only 3 even potential ones and nixon resigned before the voting even started. With Clinton it was pure politics. Opinion on it was 2 to 1 against unlike around 50% now. While having an affair and lying about it does deserve censure because of the power dynamic the rest should really have been between him and Hillary.

Even limiting it to modern presidents with most impeachment has not even been discussed, much less done.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I wouldn't put it past them. An attempt was made on Obama, after all. Thankfully, the adults in the room squashed that one before it grew legs.

• 1Agree

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
He is now impeached.
Unfortunately, ultimately nothing will come of it. But the impeachment will chafe and grind on Trump like hot sandpaper on butter, and further hasten the deterioration of his mental faculties, until even the most loyal of Republicans begin to question the wisdom of having him in office.

• 2Like
Reactions: Govi and Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
It would be funny if the house just decided to never pass it on to the senate since they know they'll just find him not guilty anyway.
Oh, Trump would melt down like Chernobyl! It'd be spectacular!