Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I have a region on Digiworlds and I was messing around with it building this Zelda thing but I haven't really touched it in a while.

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
I have an OpenSim standalone covering 4 regions. It's a square artificial island reclaimed from the sea. Originally I installed it for testing but as I developed it it became absorbing in its own right. It's called Standalonia!

Last edited:

Conifer Dada

SL Rez
Standalonia, as described above as having 4 regions, is now 7 regions - although the 3 added regions are just sea so they'll remain more or less empty. The idea is to give us somewhere to play with boats in the future, maybe.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Which viewer do y'all use for Digiworldz and Outworldz?

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Which viewer do y'all use for Digiworldz and Outworldz?
I hardly ever visit Digiworldz or Outworldz but for opensim in general I use Firestorm most of the time, Singularity and Cool VL every now and then.

Last edited:

Conifer Dada

SL Rez
I don't know about Digiworldz or Outworldz but for my standalone I've been using the Singularity viewer. It was fine until a recent update, when it started crashing if I build anything. So I downloaded Firestorm for building but still use Singularity when I'm not building as it has better graphics.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
How do you connect Firestorm to Digiworldz? I'm putting the URL in the location box but it isn't connecting. The account and password work on their web page so I must be entering the location wrongly.

OIC there's supposed to be an Opensim tab in the viewer Preferences but it isn't there. hm now what to do

ETA: Got it! I had installed the Secondlife only version. Khamon is a butterbrain.

Last edited:
  • 1Hug
Reactions: Han Held

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
can has digiworldz but nobody here1

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's a whole big batch of viewer stupid going on, which makes recommending a viewer difficult.

Myself, I'm sticking to the older version of Firestorm; I also have the new version installed ...mixing the two together is causing me problems.

I am dragging my feet on switching back to Singularity; mostly because it already has texture loading issues when I try it.

If you have Saturday afternoons free, Khamon, you might want to hop over to 3rdrockgrid and sit in on their community meeting (check the calendar here). I'm no longer involved with either grid, but to me 3rg edges out Digiworldz simply because it is community run. Their server software is run by the same person, however; and I think he uses the same code for both grids.

There's big batches of stupid due to social engineering, huge egos, etc on the hypergrid which is making the hypergrid community even more toxic than it was just a couple of years ago (and that's saying something!). So were I you I'd be prepared to be underwhelmed, and I'd also make a point of wearing kevlar lest you find your back perforated by knives.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Khamon

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The fun starts with Outworldz OpenSim Installer which sets up a local grid on your computer you can log into and explore, it comes with lots of downloadable content you can use, and its Hypergrid enabled so you can teleport off to lots of different OS grids, grab content and bring it back to your own grid.
It also ties in nicely with Ferd's Hyperica website so you can easily get a list of places to visit, and it also allows you to make standalone regions for Metropolis Grid and OSGrid.

It is a lot easier to use than the old "sim on a stick" was. And the support (on Mewe and facebook) is impressive as hell!

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer