It's been ten years since "Resident" was a thing, why are people still writing scripts that don't know about it?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
You go into a club with a contest board or a leader board or a greeter board, and you see:

Fred66 Resident
AndreasVeryLongName Reside
Joe Oldbie
MikeNewbie Resident
JimmieLeeCelebrity Residen

I mean, it looks dorky as heck and it's an easy fix. I can see not trying to jam display names into XYtext displays because half of them would look like "[][][][][][][][][]" from all the 𝕾𝖎𝖈𝖐 𝖑33𝖙 𝖀𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖔𝖉𝖊 people put in there, but just trimming " Resident" from the end of the name would be a major improvement:

Fred66
AndreasVeryLongName
Joe Oldbie
MikeNewbie
JimmieLeeCelebrity

If you have an old script from the three or four years between the invention of XYtext and the end of last names, and you can't mod it, fine, but you'd think by now it'd only be something you'd only see in ancient builds.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
You go into a club with a contest board or a leader board or a greeter board...
have you looked at the marketplace recently? not like anyone is rushing to update it. as long as LL doesn't break it and it works...

every club i've been to use the excat same Cobratech contest board doesn't matter how up to date the rest of the venue is... whenever someone makes recommendations for dance balls everyone is looking for the inuet version with the same dances for a store that i believe no longer exist.

if a new board has been created and exist.. common public doesn't know about it. people keep recommending the same ancient build over and over.

i blame it partially on the cascading effect mesh had.... after mesh was introduced.. several markets went stagnant since all the money to made went there. alot of creators that couldn't keep up got depressed and isolated... places started closing, sims vanished they couldn't make enough for upkeep... and then the amateur scripters/script kiddies don't have jobs anymore cause the creator vanished. not everyone is capable of being the scripter and prim/mesh creator. theres lots of ancient products on the marketplace that could use a fresh update. but it's difficult to find someone willing to do the small projects that make barely any money. not like anyone is rushing to buy a new one when the old one works just as well.. not even sure the cobratech contest board creator is around anymore... but the listing still exist on the marketplace..

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to make a contest board >.>

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
have you looked at the marketplace recently?
I admit I haven't looked up contest boards on the marketplace in the past ten years. Possibly ever.

But that still leaves two years between the end of Last Names and mesh going live. Nobody was assed to update their boards in that timeframe?